Recoil reduction systems

Bobba

A guy I shoot with from time to time has a Beretta A400 20 bore with kick off. I used it the other day and for me the recoil reduction was impressive.

By comparison, my 20 bore Miroku has a kick eezee pad but still gives a bit of a thump. The after effect on my shoulder after a good day out is begining to become a little tiresome as I get older (72 yrs) and I was thinking about maybe having a recoil reduction / kick off system installed on my Miroku. i like the gun, can't afford a third gun, and am not a lover of semi's (each to his/her own) so I do not wish to go down the part-ex route. (Although I may have to consider selling my little used 20 bore Beretta SP to fund things)

Does any PW member have any relevant experience of fitting and using recoil reduction / kick off systems? Which ones? e.g. I've googled systems like Danuser and Gracoil. Costs and benefits / disbenefits. Many thanks.

A guy I shoot with from time to time has a Beretta A400 20 bore with kick off. I used it the other day and for me the recoil reduction was impressive.

By comparison, my 20 bore Miroku has a kick eezee pad but still gives a bit of a thump. The after effect on my shoulder after a good day out is begining to become a little tiresome as I get older (72 yrs) and I was thinking about maybe having a recoil reduction / kick off system installed on my Miroku. i like the gun, can't afford a third gun, and am not a lover of semi's (each to his/her own) so I do not wish to go down the part-ex route. (Although I may have to consider selling my little used 20 bore Beretta SP to fund things)

Does any PW member have any relevant experience of fitting and using recoil reduction / kick off systems? Which ones? e.g. I've googled systems like Danuser and Gracoil. Costs and benefits / disbenefits. Many thanks.

I have the ISIS system fitted to my Zabala Canardier double discharge.

It makes a huge difference. I can comfortably fire 2 1/4 oz (2 X 32gr ) in a tea shirt . High flighting pigeon really appreciate it.

There was s second hand one for sale on here yesterday.

Given it was a gas auto and a 20b it's bound to feel a lot lighter in recoil.

I added a kick off to a 391 beretta and after a very good day on pigeons my shoulder no longer aches. Although the extra gun movement does take a bit of getting used to.

Hi a303

Which Kick off did you put on your Beretta please? Thanks.

Bob

I've got this one up for sale.

It's advertised on here and I regularly shoot 150 clays a day with no problems on the shoulder. Got it when I started as the gun I used to have was a bit harsh on the recoil, this is lovely!!!! Price on the advert is negotiable and I might even take something in part ex.

post-58114-0-38578000-1442419520_thumb.jpg

Speak to Simon at Doveridge gun repairs, 07816 918301

He will talk you through the process and the posting details,

The Gracoil system he fits, is superb :good:

Paul

ive just purchased an MK38 from premier guns that has a gracoil system fitted...

makes hull superfasts feel like 21gram carts.

excellent bit of kit.

Nigel Teague put me in touch with Jim Spalding, who makes and fits recoil systems. Jim was kind enough to spend a considerable tiime exploring the possibility of fitting a system to my Miroku 20 bore.

Sadly, fo me, a complete rethink is necessary. It would appear that 20 bore stocks being thinner than 12 bore stocks means that the amount of timber to be cut from within the stock to fit the system would leave the Miroku 20 bore stock in too delicate a position.

If such systems are fitted to the to the Beretta a400 I am wondering if it can be fitted to my 20 bore SPigeon.

Update. Just spoke to GMK. A retro fit to my 20 bore SP is not possible. Grrrrrr. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by Bobba

Again, to all suggestions, thank you. A great thing about PW is the willingness of colleagues to offer suggestions from their experiences.

Will look at Isis. Also I am thinking of talking to GMK again to see if an a400 20 bore stock with kickoff can be engineered into a 20 bore SP

ive just purchased an MK38 from premier guns that has a gracoil system fitted...

makes hull superfasts feel like 21gram carts.

excellent bit of kit.

Much cheaper to just use 21g carts...............

Try an Isis XPad much better than kickeeze. I have one on a 12 Miroku 3800, suggest you try DEnnis at UK gun repairs in Wellington Somerset

Much cheaper to just use 21g carts...............

Try an Isis XPad much better than kickeeze. I have one on a 12 Miroku 3800, suggest you try DEnnis at UK gun repairs in Wellington Somerset

Haha!

Cheaper, yes. But not as good...

In fairness, i didnt buy it for the gracoil setup. It just happened to be a good price. Lol

Totally agree about talking to dennis. Cracking guy and knows his stuff (plus he drives an amazing car...)

• 3 weeks later...