Which waders?

DeepThought

Hi

I wondered if anyone could recommend a decent yet not bank breaking pair of thigh waders? Every pair I look at, cheap or otherwise, seems to come with a story about how they leaked on the second outing or similar.

I'm not too fussed about how warm they are, I just want something that won't leak.

I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers

I have a pair of Barbour ones that I had secondhand off a boy in work. Don't know how much they are new but that is what I would buy if looking for a new pair (not for a while I hope). I bought them because I have a pair of Barbour waist waders that are close on 20 years old and despite several acuashure repairs to rips are still in regular use

I recently purchased a pair of vass 700 waders. I'm happy with them so far, can't say how long they will last but they seem well made. Think I paid £70 odd for them from angling direct.

I had pro logik neoprene's that only lasted a season and were horrible to walk long distance in. I sweated like I pig in them and found the boots uncomfortable.

I have a pair of DIWA nylon chest waders for the past 5 seasons for £50 and they are still going strong. Worn 3-4 days a week in the season and hung from a beam for the summer. I feel the more you wear the boots the more supple they keep and the longer they last within reason.

Edited by anser2

Like Anser2 I am a big fan of the nylon chest waders. Cheap to buy and hard wearing they are also easy to repair.

They are not as warm as neoprene waders but sometimes that is a good thing. I would buy a size bigger than you think you need so you can layer up your lower section on colder days.

• 2 weeks later...