James83 Photo thread

James1983

that was my concern, that's why I bought my sigma 17-50 from Amazon so I could send back if need be due to sigmas terrible QC luckily I got a fantastic copy, that is my only worry with buying from Hong Kong I'll have to have a think about it, do you need to pay charges when it comes into the country?

The top 3 are 70-200 f4 L and on the 7D

4th one is 24-105 f4 L

and the last one is on my little trusty 50mm f1.8

The most underrated of focal lengths is the 50mm, I always have one in my bag, but if you like the 50 you will absolutely love an 85mm f1.8 and it will do things you 70-200 will only dream of. You can pick them up for less that £200 too.

Haha! I do apologise ;) it's a great camera and they've dropped so much in price now body only; I bought mine for 750 beginning of the year, they're now 450-500 I think. Look at Simply electronics, they're the cheapest on the Web bought a few stuff from there and my girlfriend got a 7dmk2 for 850 quid brand new.

Regards,

Dave

Well, I looked and looked then got offered a 60D with 17 /85 IS. USM lens, two remote line of sight flash units (Chinese but ok), battery grip, 3 batteries, wired remote and wireless remote and some other bits and bobs. So I bought them :good: 60D is 18.3mp so difference in image print size is negligible, it's got live view which is a novelty and a few other bits and bobs over the 20D. Just waiting for the weather to dry up now :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

that was my concern, that's why I bought my sigma 17-50 from Amazon so I could send back if need be due to sigmas terrible QC luckily I got a fantastic copy, that is my only worry with buying from Hong Kong I'll have to have a think about it, do you need to pay charges when it comes into the country?

I've bought a 24-105 f4 L and a 5D Mkiii from Panamoz (hong kong imports). When I bought the lens I got sent the import charge, contancted them and they paid the charge. When I bought the 5D there were no issues!

My 50mm 1.8 never leaves my bag any more, I still can't bring myself to get rid of it.... Just know it will one day come in very handy!

Some cracking photos here James, I need to get mine out the bag more often!!

• 3 months later...

Dusted the cameras off today and brought them to our shoot. Only did first two stands with camera as think if i do it i need to either focus on taking the pictures or my shooting as both suffered trying to do them together! Not my best work with the camera today but not too bad.

Just a couple from today.

25644417642_39aaa4acb9_z.jpg_M7_5474 by james Mee, on Flickr

25138751283_6d2cd9f36f_z.jpg_M7_5499 by james Mee, on Flickr

25134637354_a606ba6220_z.jpg_MG_6535 by james Mee, on Flickr

25138214723_7d63aa70f1_z.jpg_MG_6570 by james Mee, on Flickr

25643681032_981505dcb3_z.jpg_MG_6596 by james Mee, on Flickr

25134123114_d367641dcc_z.jpg_MG_6613 by james Mee, on Flickr

Yeah sounds like he had a good round. Bet it was a good day for a shoot up there.

It was glorious up there. Sunny all day and hardly any wind, pretty much perfect conditions. So nice after the snow last week and the gale force winds at the shoot before that. Nice course too if I do say so myself. Nothing too hard but some challenging enough shots to keep you on your toes.