Could TSB be being hacked

graiglearn

Blocked card because they 'sent a letter they dont know what about 'because letter was missing or returned' .Now how can something be missing if returned or returned if missing . They ask me all my details but wont prove their I.D to me . No card ,standing order and insurance for van due . This Every November problems with card services , last year cost them a few quid ,is this just vindictive or are they being hacked?

just had confirmation of complaint by email , from donotreply address going down the same old road me thinks

Which isn't unusual. Just give them a call on 0345 975 8758. They will ask you some basic information to verify your identity, which is absolutely normal and then you can speak to somebody. All banks take complaints very seriously nowadays. Just be clear on what you complaint is "on dd/mm/yy my card has been declined and nobody can explain why " for example. From your post it isn't clear to me what your problem is so you might have to try explaining it better.

Which isn't unusual. Just give them a call on 0345 975 8758. They will ask you some basic information to verify your identity, which is absolutely normal and then you can speak to somebody. All banks take complaints very seriously nowadays. Just be clear on what you complaint is "on dd/mm/yy my card has been declined and nobody can explain why " for example. From your post it isn't clear to me what your problem is so you might have to try explaining it better.

they have blocked my card because they sent a 'letter to me' which may or may not have been return to sender ,which was of unknown trivial content. Basic info is card No ,full name , address , Everything that is needed to hijack card , they could miss out one of these and ask last transaction .is that clear enough ! They still take the 'we are untouchable' attitude and do NOT take customer complaints seriously unless you take them to financal omb ,been there ,caught them out lying to both me and omb and were issued with fine and comp,back there again ,and I have no card for everyday use, do you give your BASIC info to everyone who asks ? if so print your info to us all

Just phone them up.

Your complaining to the wrong people!

Would you be the happy if you lost money sounds like they've had a query against the safety of your card.

If you phone the number it can't be that problematic to tell them details, different if they phone you.

John.

so a hacker cant setup a phone hack ?. all I was asking 'is anyone having same problems, the just phone up and give details about account yes,transactions etc, not personal info

hello, i can realy understand your frustration and i know from my own experience things go wrong and we have lost the good old days where you could see the bank manager and get it sorted, now its internet banking and i dread what is happening to so many people, now we have this hacking etc so it is no wonder people are wary on their bank accounts even me as i seem to need to check often. i have a small savings account with TSB and that is how it stays even though they try to get me to have other things, Lloyds never contact me for same reason, as for your position i would go into the branch which has your account and tell them enough is enough and CHANGE BANKS

They could hack your phone , but try phoning a mate first then the bank . I'm not sure they reroute just the banks number.

Or use a mobile.

The bank have blocked your card ,you need to speak to them to unblock you can't do this unless you speak.

This won't be the first or last time things like this will happen but you need to sort it.

No I haven't had the same problem.

John.

They could hack your phone , but try phoning a mate first then the bank . I'm not sure they reroute just the banks number.

Or use a mobile.

The bank have blocked your card ,you need to speak to them to unblock you can't do this unless you speak.

This won't be the first or last time things like this will happen but you need to sort it.

No I haven't had the same problem.

John.

so if phone hacked card could show as blocked by hackers ,bank 45mile round trip ,dont realy need your 'help' just asking others with tsb cards if they are having problems

Someone tried to buy something with my card number in the USA, but rather than contacting Pigeon Watch I contacted my bank.

No one on PW can help you. Whether it's a 45 mile round trip or a 145 mile round trip; you need to talk face to face with someone from your bank, not PW.

You keep saying all you're asking is 'is anyone else having problems', but that isn't what you asked; you asked 'could TSB be being hacked?' No one on PW knows; go to your bank.

Someone tried to buy something with my card number in the USA, but rather than contacting Pigeon Watch I contacted my bank.

No one on PW can help you. Whether it's a 45 mile round trip or a 145 mile round trip; you need to talk face to face with someone from your bank, not PW.

You keep saying all you're asking is 'is anyone else having problems', but that isn't what you asked; you asked 'could TSB be being hacked?' No one on PW knows; go to your bank.

you are very trusting ,did you contact them by phone , if so you are just the ripe ones hackers are looking for. another one full of do this do that ,if it dont affect you leave it alone. If there is a problem better every one forewarned than have details stolen

you are very trusting ,did you contact them by phone , if so you are just the ripe ones hackers are looking for. another one full of do this do that ,if it dont affect you leave it alone. If there is a problem better every one forewarned than have details stolen

My dear chap, I doubt very much that TSB has been hacked. Certainly I have had or heard no information from them to this effect.

If you can't be bothered to drive the 45 miles to speak to them in person, do what I do and phone them up. None of the information they will ask you to give over the telephone will compromise your account. Giving your account number, name, address or other basic information over the phone to identify yourself will compromise your security. It is nothing that anyone can't see for themselves when you write them a cheque and provide your identity.

You really need to get a grip of your paranoia and phone the only ones who can help...................your bank.

My dear chap, I doubt very much that TSB has been hacked. Certainly I have had or heard no information from them to this effect.

If you can't be bothered to drive the 45 miles to speak to them in person, do what I do and phone them up. None of the information they will ask you to give over the telephone will compromise your account. Giving your account number, name, address or other basic information over the phone to identify yourself will compromise your security. It is nothing that anyone can't see for themselves when you write them a cheque and provide your identity.

You really need to get a grip of your paranoia and phone the only ones who can help...................your bank.

Wrong ,you have to give card number,name ,address, everything but your security code , so lets have your details and see how long it takes to 'find'the security code , if there is no threat why are they blocking,if it is them , you dont know my facts so please constructive info on hacking and tell the 1000s who have been hacked lately they are only paranoid,or have you been kept in a drawer for the past couple years

Wrong ,you have to give card number,name ,address, everything but your security code , so lets have your details and see how long it takes to 'find'the security code , if there is no threat why are they blocking,if it is them , you dont know my facts so please constructive info on hacking and tell the 1000s who have been hacked lately they are only paranoid,or have you been kept in a drawer for the past couple years

phone bank or drive to bank there the only things you can do I bank with TSB and I have have no problems. Case closed

Edit to say DO YOU WANT PW MEMBERS TO PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU

Edited by martyn2233

phone bank or drive to bank there the only things you can do I bank with TSB and I have have no problems. Case closed

Edit to say DO YOU WANT PW MEMBERS TO PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU

might be good idea you see I am reg disabled but not deaf , as I said you dont know my details , but I think every bankers hero may be more interesred in share price ?

The cases where fraudsters pretend to by you bank via the phone are normally where they have rung you and then left the line open so when you ring the bank back you aren't. So as suggested ring from a line that you know is clear (by ringing a mate first) or from a mobile. To be fair to any bank they need to be able to verify who you are on the end of the phone and in order they do that by asking for enough information without compromising security. Just expecting them to deal with your problem without being able to verify who you isn't going to happen.

And I have spoken to my cyber security team at work who have said that there are no known large scale hacking attempts underway at TSB at the moment that have compromised them. They would know that through their threat intelligence.

Hope this helps.

The cases where fraudsters pretend to by you bank via the phone are normally where they have rung you and then left the line open so when you ring the bank back you aren't. So as suggested ring from a line that you know is clear (by ringing a mate first) or from a mobile. To be fair to any bank they need to be able to verify who you are on the end of the phone and in order they do that by asking for enough information without compromising security. Just expecting them to deal with your problem without being able to verify who you isn't going to happen.

And I have spoken to my cyber security team at work who have said that there are no known large scale hacking attempts underway at TSB at the moment that have compromised them. They would know that through their threat intelligence.

Hope this helps.

information was given in form of question to them about last transaction , they could not answer although they had my card number and name ,trust and security is not a one sided rule ?

information was given in form of question to them about last transaction , they could not answer although they had my card number and name ,trust and security is not a one sided rule ?

you really need to get a grip on life stop moaning on a shooting web site and go bank AVB works for a bank and knows his stuff take note from him Edited by martyn2233

,did you contact them by phone ,

No, they contacted me by phone to tell me my card details may have been compromised, and asked if I had tried to make a transaction from a certain store in the USA, I replied no. They then took a few details to ensure I was who they thought I was, none of which threatened my account details in any way, and then I went to my local bank to change my card details. It's not rocket science.

You seem to expect PW to have the answers and then appear to be quite offended when they suggest the only people who can help is YOUR bank.

Like you say, if there is a problem then better everyone knows, starting with YOUR bank.

My word, what an angry thread.

To the OP i have both personal and business accounts with TSB, I phoned them yesterday as it happens to query a transaction. There was no Machiavellian type villain on the other end of the phone, just someone working in a call centre who no doubts get hacked off with irrational and unnecessarily angry people ranting at her every day.

I wonder if she posts about these folk on a totally unrelated forum, let's say needlepoint or something like that, and then barks at people who offer sensible advice in return?

TSB have millions of customers, that means hundreds of millions of transactions every year. Sometimes things go wrong and that can upset people, but they really don't mean it to happen. There isn't a big conspiracy to disrupt your routine.

Equally when things go wrong, as they do every day across every walk of life, that doesn't mean there is a big criminal conspiracy.

Consider what you have suggested, the criminal masterminds managed to cancel your card knowing that you would have to phone the bank; they also intercepted your postal mail so now nobody knows the content of this letter; they also managed to hijack the national call centre number just to await your call so they could ask for your details.

Don't you think if they were so sophisticated they would just be able to get money an easier way, after all they must already know your address to get your mail, they must have your card details to be able to cancel it and they know your phone number to intercept your phone call to the bank.

Are you sure this is really PW, maybe we are part of the grand conspiracy? Maybe we hacked PW too!