What does this mean?

hatsanmad

Hi guys i have a winchester model 91 single trigger model.

What my question is what does 1200 kg/cm?

The reason i ask is i know the gun has been re-proofed for steel i know this because under were it say winchester model 91 it says winchester steel proof.

The gun is choked 1/4&1/2.

I have tried searching google to find out if its magnum proof.

I know the gun is spanish made and its 70mm 2&3/4 inch chamberd.

Does 1200kg/cm mean 1200 kilopascal per square inch meaning the barrel length times 1200 or is 1200kg/cm roughly meaning 1200 bar service pressure?

Any help advice is much appreciated.

Regards hatsan

1200kg is magnum (superior) proof but not steel proofed, but the gun should be able to handle all 70mm or less steel cartridges commercially available in uk at present with two stipulations:-

1) Choke is maximum of 1/2 and that this is checked by measuring and if found to be tighter do not use.

2)as long as shot size is kept smaller than no3 or less to allow shot load to compress when travelling through existing choke. BB and larger do not compress well and are generally responsible for scoring and bulging.

Seperate steel proof isn't a magical difference, just that barrels are guarranteed to be ok, rather than probably ok when used sensibly.