Sunshine and showers

FOXHUNTER1

Decided to go in search of squirrels again today.

1st shot produced a nice cock pheasant at around 40 yds ..

001_zpsvqubcqda.jpg

Then I walked miles and miles with not much about but did eventually end up with some squirrels ....

I lip squeaked this one in ...

002_zpso1i1lamv.jpg

As this one fell ...

003_zpssaeikep0.jpg

Took another squirrel ..as I picked it a hen pheasant lifted and added to the bag as well...............

The bag at this point ..

004_zpsbcwkn5bp.jpg

I then tried to roost some pigeons and shot terribly ....using 28 grm 8s ....sure I hit a few but they kept on going :unhappy:

But I did manage a couple and another couple of squirrels that ventured out on dusk ...

006_zpseef6frwk.jpg

That's my kind of day always good to get a mixed bag. I went out this morning seven o'clock but arrived too early as still pitch black. Had a walk managed to see a few rabbits but only managed to shoot the one. Had a walk round it was quiet for an hour then I noticed a stream of birds coming out of a small clump of trees around one of the ponds.........wood pigeon and must of been 80+! I have not seen a pigeon on this farm for a month then all of a sudden they appear. They are feeding on the rape and have already done a bit of damage.The farmer has had a brand new gas gun out for weeks but he has brought it back in and it's not in use can't understand why he has done this I don't like asking questions either really. Around nine I had to leave as had some jobs to do at home I never managed a shot at the pigeon as they all took after I walked towards the pond with the trees then I had to leave but as am getting in the car they started to come back to same place and dropping onto the rape to feed will have to get there next week with a couple of the other lads and spread out and get them as they come to roost. I tried putting some pics up of the farm and some ponds I intend to feed next year but it says photo files to big am using am I phone or I pad I take it I need to use a pc or laptop to put photos on?