Got My Shotgun But Not My Rifle.

Rachael the Sniper.

Could anyone help me here. I can't seem to find anything online to help me. I got my FAC ☺ 5 months and 3weeks ago. I aquired for a 12 gauge and a hatsan .22. I failed on my land i had down to shoot on. Due to the small size and high population.

I could only join a clay pigeon shooting club in order to receive my shotgun. They allow shotguns but not .22's.But They only allow .22 if you in an actual gun club. I have not been given my rifle, even though I paid for it.

Do i have to wait a year or something first, then am I awarded it? In showing good behaviour.

You need to show good reason to own one. If your permission is unsuitable you will have to find another one. Or failing that you may have to join a rifle or Smallbore club,that will show good reason to own one,but the 22lr will only be listed on your fac as target so no expanding ammunition. Rifle wise a cz 452, 455 will be suitable for target and vermin if you get your fac.

Could anyone help me here. I can't seem to find anything online to help me. I got my FAC ☺ 5 months and 3weeks ago. I aquired for a 12 gauge and a hatsan .22. I failed on my land i had down to shoot on. Due to the small size and high population.

I could only join a clay pigeon shooting club in order to receive my shotgun. They allow shotguns but not .22's.But They only allow .22 if you in an actual gun club. I have not been given my rifle, even though I paid for it.

Do i have to wait a year or something first, then am I awarded it? In showing good behaviour.

Unfortunately, you could become a saint but if the police say that the land isn't suitable for .22rf use, then you will never get your rifle. There are only two ways to go:-

1). Find a permission that the police deem suitable for .22rf use.

2). Join a gun club. If you join a gun club and get your rifle, you still won't legally be allowed to shoot on any land unless it has been 'passed' - you can only use it for target shooting in a recognised club(s).

You need to show good reason to own one. If your permission is unsuitable you will have to find another one. Or failing that you may have to join a rifle or Smallbore club,that will show good reason to own one,but the 22lr will only be listed on your fac as target so no expanding ammunition. Rifle wise a cz 452, 455 will be suitable for target and vermin if you get your fac.

Thanks for the reply. My .22 Hatsan is sitting in a Gun shop now as i type with my name on it. Its difficult to wake up everyday and it not being in my Gun safe, tucked away beside my shotgun. My keys question is will it REMAIN there until i join a club. This makes me feel very sad. Because its needs loved and cleaned. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. My .22 Hatsan is sitting in a Gun shop now as i type with my name on it. Its difficult to wake up everyday and it not being in my Gun safe, tucked away beside my shotgun. My keys question is will it REMAIN there until i join a club. This makes me feel very sad. Because its needs loved and cleaned. Thanks.

Is the hatsan an air rifle under 12ftlb. If it is you should be able to take it home.

Go back to the shop, explain the situation and see if you can get your money back. They might withold a percentage, or they may just give you a total refund. Unless you ask, you'll never know. ;)

Your sgc shotgun certificate and fac certificate are different. One is brown and one is blue. When you say 22 is that for an air rifle sub 12ftlb that uses pellets,or do you mean a 22lr which is a Rimfire rifle that uses bullets ,for this type you need an fac certificate.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. My rifle is on this site i copied for you. Its an Air rifle. My licence is nor blue nor brown. Its black. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_Torpedo_150_Sniper_Vortex_Air_Rifle/3648

Is the hatsan an air rifle under 12ftlb. If it is you should be able to take it home.

Thanks for the reply. My rifle is 1250fp. Is that just over for me, here is my rifle. Should i return to the gun shop to discuss a change or something. Cant have my gun sitting in some shop in the Irish country side. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_Torpedo_150_Sniper_Vortex_Air_Rifle/3648

Thanks for the reply. My rifle is 1250fp. Is that just over for me, here is my rifle. Should i return to the gun shop to discuss a change or something. Cant have my gun sitting in some shop in the Irish country side. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_Torpedo_150_Sniper_Vortex_Air_Rifle/3648

It the shop/RFD/Whatever will not give you a rifle you have paid for ask them why and try and sort it.

Gun laws in Ireland are somewhat different to here, so rather unknown to most here, me included.

And that can't be right surely My rifle is 1250fp.

Alright. I have been successful in taking my issue to my RFD. I got my deposit back and got it placed on a new shotgun. Oh Lord its amazing. I wish I could get my rifle but i need to join a gun club or aquire land. I collect my Gun tomorrow for Christmas! I shall upload a picture of it when aquired. Merry Christmas everyone.

Alright. I have been successful in taking my issue to my RFD. I got my deposit back and got it placed on a new shotgun. Oh Lord its amazing. I wish I could get my rifle but i need to join a gun club or aquire land. I collect my Gun tomorrow for Christmas! I shall upload a picture of it when aquired. Merry Christmas everyone.

You are in NI same as me so we have it all on the one license/certificate for the lot. Its alot better in England i feel as you apply for the gun you are looking e.g. .22 air rifle on your license ("ticket") beforehand and are then told yes or no. Then you can go buy one. But over here you buy one and are then told a long time later that its no problem and its granted or sometimes your told you're not aloud it. Really annoying! I am assuming you are in town area. If there is country land near you all you would need to do is to get the permission of one or two farmers they are usually very nice about it and should have no problem with it. Alternatively if you know a farmer that would be handier to ask him. Permission on a decent size farm would also give you the option of bigger rifles like .22lr .17hmr and .223 etc.