Weihrauch service?

wildfowler.250

Well I have a 12 year old 77K and it's about time it had a service. I remember reading on here a while ago that someone sent one off to a particular gun shop and they did a very good job? Any suggestions? Also whats likely involved in the whole process of servicing an airgun? new spring?

Whats the protocol with posting an airgun these days?

The chances are that a 'service' will amount to stripping it down and re-lubing it .... if you're lucky. Personally, I think that if the rifle is producing acceptable power - and I believe every serious airgunner should have their own chrono - and it is not making any unusual noises, then just leave it alone. :good:

Guns sent Parcelforce are limited to standard £100 cover in the event of being lost in the post.

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
  2. These items must be sent via the Post Office only
  3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

You would better sending via your local RFD, who can send it insured by TNT.

Or... have a look on Youtube for HW77/HW97K strip and service. If you must shell out £70, get a V-Mach/Vortek/Welsh Willy service kit. A service would just be a lube change along with, perhaps the spring, any seals that are damaged.

Well I have a 12 year old 77K and it's about time it had a service. I remember reading on here a while ago that someone sent one off to a particular gun shop and they did a very good job? Any suggestions? Also whats likely involved in the whole process of servicing an airgun? new spring?

Whats the protocol with posting an airgun these days?

I posted on here, back in June i think it was that i'd sent my 77k pff to Sandwell Field Sports so it might have been that you can remember. I was in the West Bromwich Area at the time so i took the opportunity off dropping the rifle off in person. I'd only owned the rifle a few months and put around 4 tins of pellets through it. TBH it was'nt shooting too bad, but when i initially bought the gun new i'd decided to treat it to a SFS tune.

Two types of tune are available. A stage 1 and a stage 2. I opted for the stage 2 which includes quite a bit of machine work and Delrin and a superb trigger tune. The best thing to do though is to give Tony Wall a ring and he'll be able to talk you through the two different stages of tune. Was it worth it? You bet it was. It has totally transformed my 77k. Its so smooth and accurate and like i say the trigger is something else. A top job with excellent service. They sent the rifle back to my home address and it was so well packaged when i took delivery that that alone impressed me.

However be prepared to be very patient because it was around 14 weeks that they had the rifle. They are that busy and they won't cut any corners simple as. But it's worth the wait! :good:

ATB,

Pat

Thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate it :good: Yes it was "sandwell" I was thinking of. In truth, the trigger breaks sweetly. It's probably the "two stage" people talk about, lots of slack, then a "biting point" where it will break cleanly with light pressure. I could probably lube and service it myself if there's good you tube videos available. It's the power that was concerning me. At 11 yo id be surprised it's putting out the same power as it should be,(I don't have a chrono). Is there anyone of those aformebtioned spring kits that's particularly better than the others?

Also what pellets do you guys use in your HWs? I've always been fond of accupels but never wrong to try something else. It's a .22

Have a good Xmas!

Where in the country are you?

I know of a few people who fettle and tune rifles all over the country, from the good Airgun Doctor in the West Mids, to Redbeck in the North East, AGR Tuning (who supplies the Vortek Kits that transform air rifles) in the East, A&M in the East Midlands, Tinbum down Cornwall way, Welsh WIlly (the man of 10,000 words) in Swansea.....