Wasted Lives

krugerandsmith

There are one or two theories behind the ousting of various ME leaders, the Shah of Iran was also reputedly helped out ;) once he got too ambitious with keeping more of the wealth for his own people. Once you start reading a little on the Illuminati and their control of our collective governments here and in the US, the theories become quite plausible. Resistance to having a Rothschild central bank at the head of a countries finances is apparently a common trait of despots :whistling: who eventually get toppled, but not without first being accused of being a tyrant and a danger to the Free World. :rolleyes::)

Really, you are not a subscriber to the theory of the illuminati are you ???

Really, you are not a subscriber to the theory of the illuminati are you ???

Not full on but just as an example, I look at the promises politicians make here and abroad and what comes to pass and I can't help think there's funny goings on we don't know about. Just look at the absurdity with taxes, the devastation caused by banks which have gone unpunished and the widening divide between rich and poor.

I don't believe for instance that Obama or Cameron can make meaningful policy decisions without the approval of high business, I don't believe Americans run America ;) .

Hamster, you will be posting David Icke videos next ;)

I do get what you are saying in your last post, but is it so surprising that our governmental leaders will always sway in the wind with business? as much as people may not like it the strong performance of business is inextricably linked to the well being of our society. Our leaders sway in the wind with popular opinion too and given that the majority of our populace are thick as mince I find that more alarming. :ninja:

It used to be that the guy with the biggest stick could call the shots because we were influenced by fear of getting whacked by the big stick, then we evolved into a trading society and the most successful traders became the most influential people, but of course wealth and influence can be influenced by big sticks too, so we follow a path of having both physical strength and commercial influence.

I'm not convinced there is a widening gap between rich and poor either, sure there are a handful of exceptionally wealthy people who live in a very rarified atmosphere, but for the majority I believe there is no greater a divide than there ever was, in fact I think it has probably lessened. The gap between rich and poor cannot be measured in monetary terms alone.

The bail out of banks taken at face value was shocking, but the fortune or otherwise of every single one of us is also inextricably linked to the banking environment, whether that is pensions, mortgages, savings, shares, etc.

Being entirely pragmatic the best thing that could have happened was a collapse and then we could have rebalanced, but that would have been utter carnage for hundreds of millions, had we gone down that route I suspect that would have led to massive global conflict and we in the UK would have lost out way more than we have in stumping up a few billion.

In relative terms we are living in a reasonably stable period of conflict globally and that is pretty much all down to globalisation in business and commerce. Also down to nuclear bombs too, the very biggest stick.

Edited by grrclark

Most ordinary people out there , just want to earn a living , and feel safe living an ordinary life . To many that means growing crops that the west don/t like them growing , but the Taliban do.

In their place what would you do? I am NOT condoning it!

There are British War graves all over the world , where our brave service personnel for hundreds of years ,have fought and died,

sadly, for what has been at best 'dubious causes' , or 'whims; of politicians. :unhappy:

"Lions led by Donkeys"

I'm not convinced there is a widening gap between rich and poor either, sure there are a handful of exceptionally wealthy people who live in a very rarified atmosphere, but for the majority I believe there is no greater a divide than there ever was, in fact I think it has probably lessened. The gap between rich and poor cannot be measured in monetary terms alone.

+1..Compare the relative lifestyle of a 300-acre livestock farmer with someone on Parish Pay with 4 children in 1900 and look at the same situation today.

OOOPS! Forgot what the thread was all about.

Edited by rjimmer