Lakenheath PW Meetup ?

simonp

So, its been a good few weeks since the last lakenheath meetup (March 24th IIRC ?), some of you just had the essex masters (April), so how about a May or/and June PW Lakenheath meet ? (or perhaps somewhere else if its too far north ?)

At least I won't have to borrow Pin's White Onyx next time :angry:

Si.

Thats a fair point Mungler. Tosspot, any thoughts ?

Pin, WOW, Doveridge looks like an awesome venue :angry:

I'm up for trying out Braintree soon as its actually closer to me than LH, anyone else fancy it, say middle of may onwards (to allow for Pin) ?

Si

Guys, thanks for the consideration but there is a severe lack of acceptable grounds near me for such a meet (for value for money anyhows)

will be happy to go to either Braintree or Lakenheath again (Fri or Weekend??) Must say i would like to have another crack at that battue off the tower at Braintree

Dartford would be interesting if they opened up the sporting layout to us along with skeet, DTL, OT ect

SS is looking into an early West Kent practise for the Monday Madness

Whats this Greenfields place like? i know they must have a rather lax shooting policy if they let LB shoot there, remember a while ago he said if we get eight or more there he'll shoot in a dress :angry::lol:

don't leave me to organise nothing as i'm a firm believer in that there are those that do and those that dont and i'm very much a don't but am pleased that there are those that do, got that

cheers TP

I did say I'd organise a meet up at West Kent, but apart from the usual suspects, not a lot of interest from others.

I'm up for Braintree possibly nearer back end of May if everyone else is as I have just got a huge Tax bill and a rather large minus Tax code accordingly, so have to watch the pennies.

But even so I can still come along and put Pin off with the old Nipple Rub technique :lol:

SS :angry:

From what I understand A1 shooting ground is OK if you want to shoot trap disciplines, I would rather cut your lawn with a knife and fork.

I am happy to shoot anywhere but am always ready to shoot braintree or lakenheath, It would have to be a saturday at the moment.

I understand that PIN is an advocate of the A1 shooting ground - is it his local?

Quite the opposite, I don't like the A1. Trap club with a few really easy sporting stands tacked on the edges. Very little variation in the targets and nothing that's even remotely difficult.

There is broomhills, but the same thing kind of applies - well, its a nicer ground in terms of the setting but they only have sporting stands and the difficulty level is probably lower than the A1.

Cat knows of a place which is a little touch further north for the life of me I can't remember the name of the place but they have skeet and sporting and the general vibe I hear about the place is it's actually very good - I'll ask him again, will only be the 4th time :blush:

I understand that PIN is an advocate of the A1 shooting ground - is it his local?

Quite the opposite, I don't like the A1. Trap club with a few really easy sporting stands tacked on the edges. Very little variation in the targets and nothing that's even remotely difficult.

There is broomhills, but the same thing kind of applies - well, its a nicer ground in terms of the setting but they only have sporting stands and the difficulty level is probably lower than the A1.

Cat knows of a place which is a little touch further north for the life of me I can't remember the name of the place but they have skeet and sporting and the general vibe I hear about the place is it's actually very good - I'll ask him again, will only be the 4th time :yp:

I used to shoot Olympic Trap at A1 Shooting Ground, it's a very good trap ground, run by a charming Italian family, but sadly they've never got the Sporting layout quite right there.

The one thing that is good is the food, Jonesy would love it there, quite the best spread I've ever seen at a clay ground, super sandwiches and baguettes, and home made cream cakes, very tempting :lol: :(

My choice of ground would be West London Sporting Targets, Sharvel Lane, West End Road, Northolt, Middx, UB5 6RA, Tel 020 8845 1377, ext 226.

This ground is NOT the West London Shooting School, which is immediately adjacent.

They offer the following disciplines at these prices:

Skeet, (English or ISU)............£5.50

40 Bird Compak Sporting.......£12.00

ABT........................................£5.50

25 Bird Compak Sporting.........£7.50

25 Bird FITASC.......................£8.00

Location wise, the ground is about 10 minutes from the M25/M40 junction, not ideal for Suffolk Shooter & Martin Cavie, but easier for the like of Tosspot, Stealth Stalker & Pin, even the like of StuartP can't bottle out due to distance on this one, :sly: who knows, there are plenty of guys in the Oxford area who could make this venue.

They have a nice little clubhouse with proper loo's and good hot food, Richard Faulds is there frequently practicing, (I heard he shot 475 straight on the skeet layout there the other day, just messing about..!! :blush::lol: )

They have proper human button boys on every layout as they don't use the dreadful extortionate thieving Claymate counters.

Worth thinking about..??

Cat.

Cat,

I have no worries about travelling, in fact its about time we went out to visit some of the "Usual Suspects" in their regular haunts rather than everybody coming up to North Essex/Suffolk.

I know Tosspot was looking into something closer to home, and there was mention of a ground nearer to LB. I've put a thread on about West Kent. In general I don't care where I go to shoot as long as the Brekkie is good and the banter rife :blush::sly:

Anyway its MC's turn to drive for a change or even FG.22 so I can sit back and sleep there and back :lol:

SS :lol:

Pin, you should try Broomhills again. I have shot there many times as its so close to me. I went up last Friday and it was a lot harder than before. Apparently they've been upgrading the traps or replacing the springs or something so the birds fly much faster. It took me by surprise and I'm not posting my score but it was about 15 down on what I used to get there when it was slower.

If you fancy a quick shoot there drop me a line.

Just reading through your thread guys and saw the greenfields name crop up. I haven't got a SGC but everyone seems to enjoy shooting there. The website is below:

http://greenfieldsshooting.co.uk/shooting.html

an extract regarding facilities:

"There are five towers plus a bolting rabbit and all manner of other game-simulated targets for practice and instruction in all forms of game shooting. Make sure you're ready for those special days in the field."

Hope that helps, LB, D2D and Cranner's would be the best to ask as they are all local and am pretty sure they shoot there.

Dan

OK,

Hands up for Braintree on the 20th May?

I say 9.30AM in the clubhouse for tea and bacon rolls, for a 10AM start.

THere you go that is all the organising I am going to do, I will be there and I hope to see you all.

;):good::good:

Love to be there ,but until I can get my concentration back ie doing the basics again skeet skeet swing swing follow through it would be crazy. Unless anyone has a pink gun slip red boots et all ;)

Suffolk anytime you fancy skeet give me a SHOUT

Brian

Unless you you all give me 10 clays shooting LH or if shooting a Berrtacrap 25 (not biased|)

TAKING COVER OVER A TRUSTED BROWNING

Pin, you should try Broomhills again. I have shot there many times as its so close to me. I went up last Friday and it was a lot harder than before. Apparently they've been upgrading the traps or replacing the springs or something so the birds fly much faster. It took me by surprise and I'm not posting my score but it was about 15 down on what I used to get there when it was slower.

If you fancy a quick shoot there drop me a line.

Hmm, I do like the place, its a nice place to spend an afternoon if the weather is nice. Will arrange a shoot there with you soon mate ;)