Extrema Confusion!

grahamch

Am looking for something for fowling as my Browning 725UK keeps jammimng with the slightest bit of mud and cant find a suitable ou.

Have been thinking of a Beretta Exterma but cant really tell the difference between the 300, 350 and 400 other than price - any one explain?

My local gun shop did say they could get them left handed but cant see any lefties for sale on the net anywhere.

Confused!

nee confusion just don't buy one I had the xtrema2 and it jammed and jammed like a Bob Marley record!!...autos you want a Remington versamax it will not jam check it out on youtube mine never did! Or benelli m2 but I think they are only 3" but don't quote me on that!

Cleaning an auto to such an extent shouldn't need to be done so regularly. But why not, if you've nothing better to do.

You see I service mine taking out the trigger group cleaning it and re-lube also all the gas piston inside of the action mag tube internally pretty much the full gambit after any heavy session in the mud and every say three flights otherwise

I use a Winchester but it matters little you need to look after the autos more than seasons end if you want fault free

It's not hard to do and doesn't take as long

Cleaning an auto to such an extent shouldn't need to be done so regularly. But why not, if you've nothing better to do.

I would call that being professional and mindful of the fact that maintaining you weapon is essential if you are to have good reliable service from your gun it's what all good wildfowlers do look after the tools of their trade but I wouldn't have a clue how pigeon shooter go about maintains there gun.

Regards.

It's not essential for me. My semi gets a quick wipe over after every flight, and it works flawlessly time and again. A good clean happens after several hundred shells are put through it.

I would call that being professional and mindful of the fact that maintaining you weapon is essential if you are to have good reliable service from your gun it's what all good wildfowlers do look after the tools of their trade but I wouldn't have a clue how pigeon shooter go about maintains there gun.

Regards.

It's not essential for me. My semi gets a quick wipe over after every flight, and it works flawlessly time and again. A good clean happens after several hundred shells are put through it.

I take that as being a top tip only clean the extrema after several hundred round, that a first on me after 50years of wildfowling, I would suppose it's everyone to there own.

Well It can't harm it if you know what your about and even fair weather shooters get that fine sand into thier action as marsh mud dries

You know what fine sand and oil makes dandy little grinding paste mix it with some carbon and it can ruin a gun

My slides are no great issue with carbon because I take it off with a green scourer before it ever builds and lightly re-lube

Ten minutes tops on s gun you know well

I have never seen s blocked gas port in my gun but I have seen seized pistons in huns of others

Little bit of mud on a shell? Stuff it up your mag tube and what do you imagine happens?

But hey it keeps the gun trade happy if you don't look after your kit

Edited by kent

I'm sorry, should I be cleaning my gun more, even though it doesn't really need it?

I take that as being a top tip only clean the extrema after several hundred round, that a first on me after 50years of wildfowling, I would suppose it's everyone to there own.

I'm sorry, should I be cleaning my gun more, even though it doesn't really need it?

Not at all, I know Remington veramax tell of it extrem ability to cycle numerous shells without cleaning, however I don't recall beretta make any such claims as regards the extrema.

Ps, BASC run a course ( gun handling and cleaning ) it would be in your interest to look it up you never know you might learn something of interest, if not at least your gun won't loose value through lack of maintance.

You are funny. My gun is maintained well enough.

Not at all, I know Remington veramax tell of it extrem ability to cycle numerous shells without cleaning, however I don't recall beretta make any such claims as regards the extrema.

Ps, BASC run a course ( gun handling and cleaning ) it would be in your interest to look it up you never know you might learn something of interest, if not at least your gun won't loose value through lack of maintance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the A300 Extrema and it's now been renamed the A350 extrema to save confusion with the 300 outlanders which it has nothing in common with.

Same gun A300 extreme been renumbered and now has a bigger mag release button and bolt handle as standard, can be fitted to any beretta semi auto.

Thanks for all of the advice and comments which have been very useful chaps.

Having read and considered them, especially those on relaibillity and cleaning I'm going to look for a good double instread - seems a much easier option which removes the cleaning and relaibility issues. Maybe a good AYA no3 or similar once the season if over.

Thanks again for the help

Edited by grahamch

If you want a double, revo do a full camo 31/2" chambered over and under for not a lot of money. Never heard a bad report yet,only good things about them.

Revo K200 Duck Blind £434.99 at sportsman gun centre.

Edited by figgy