Mobile phone telephone Directory

Bobba

Is there a directory of mobile phone numbers? Or a way of identifying the owner of a particular number?

The reason is that I have received text greetings over xmas and new year ( with xxxx's )from a number not recognised by any phone list on my, my wife's or sons phones.

The easy way is to ring it. But my concern is that it could be like some type of junk email which, when opened, confirms mine is a real number and I'm added to some data base and I begin getting unwanted calls like on my landline.

Thanks for any ideas.

Is there a directory of mobile phone numbers? Or a way of identifying the owner of a particular number?

The reason is that I have received text greetings over xmas and new year ( with xxxx's )from a number not recognised by any phone list on my, my wife's or sons phones.

The easy way is to ring it. But my concern is that it could be like some type of junk email which, when opened, confirms mine is a real number and I'm added to some data base and I begin getting unwanted calls like on my landline.

Thanks for any ideas.

Your correct a good ploy to find live numbers it then gets sold on

Just forget it might even be someone miss dialing

Is the number the same as your number with the Last digit one higher or lower. It was a silly thing about txting the phone number a digit above or below you. A random txt and see what the reply is. So check that out. I'd not punch it into facebook and see if it finds someone.