Antis

ElvisThePelvis

I have a little game I like to play that goes something like this...

Me: So you think it's wrong to kill animals?

Them: Yes

Me: What about rabbits that are destroying crops?

Them: Wrong

Me: What about foxes attacking lambs?

Them: Wrong

Me: What if you had rats in your house?

Them: Ummmm....

Me: What about spiders in the bath?

Them: That's different

Me: So some lives are worth more than others?

It's the only way I've ever found to quickly point out their hypocrisy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate their intentions in a way, to protect what they perceive to be vulnerable creatures.. But the aggressive manner in which they try to put their point across combined with their bigoted ignorance drives me mad. These people are otherwise friends and colleagues of mine but get them onto anything fieldsports related and they go postal. I had a meeting with a colleague the other day near Farlows and I dropped in to pick up some gloves and a couple of other things and her reaction was ridiculous, she hasn't spoken to me since as I am 'one of them', it will be interesting as its her appraisal next week!

I haven't really ever come up against people who are anti, people I know, don't reeaaallly agree with it but they've never said anything and respect what I do because it's my choice of hobby etc. But what I have said is; " at least the birds I kill have had a healthy, free range life and a good standard of living. The meat we buy from the likes of tesco will most probably have just been kept in a barn and then sent for slaughter when at the right age etc"

I don't think I've ever had a negative response back, just the nodding/eye brows raised/ upside down smile kind of a look back where they completely and utterly agree with me lol.

I appreciate their intentions in a way, to protect what they perceive to be vulnerable creatures.. But the aggressive manner in which they try to put their point across combined with their bigoted ignorance drives me mad. These people are otherwise friends and colleagues of mine but get them onto anything fieldsports related and they go postal. I had a meeting with a colleague the other day near Farlows and I dropped in to pick up some gloves and a couple of other things and her reaction was ridiculous, she hasn't spoken to me since as I am 'one of them', it will be interesting as its her appraisal next week!

Be the better person :)