Which one? Browning 525 or Miroku mk38?

Duckandswing

If I've got my facts right, build-wise they're essentially the same gun, but the trap model may pattern higher than the sporter, for 'floating' the bird. I guess it depends how much trap you're planning to do in oppose to sporting. Is there room in your safe for both guns? If not, I don't really know if it would be best to use a sporting gun for trap, or a trap gun for sporting. A sporting gun for trap, I would assume, but there will be folks on here who would be able to give you a more solid answer, I'm sure.

As above the trap gun will pattern higher and will most probably be fixed choke at 3/4 and full, unless its been sporterised and had multi chokes fitted. both are made in the same place and both excellent guns.

Depends on what your main area of shooting is sporting / skeet / compak or abt / dtl, the trap gun will be more suitable for abt and dtl. In an ideal world would be nice to have both guns.

One minor difference is Browning's generally come supplied in a abs case while Miroku comes in a cardboard box.

The stock grade is an added bonus which you pay for in the higher grades, to me if it fits is the main consideration, then does it warrant paying extra for the higher grade wood.

er...do you shoot trap predominantly?whilst alot of folk use trap guns for all sorts they are typically higher combed/heavily choked.......your choice...you only live once both?

That's my problem. I shoot mainly sorting but like the idea of a grade 5 wooded gun. I'm pretty sure I'm just being stupid to be honest.

buy a grade 5 sporter simples...lots on market whether 425/525/miroku 70/38......pretty much same gun