Help clear up a few things

old06

AS a shotgun owner I am quite happy with the firearms laws in this country. they seem to be reasonable and place sensible limits on the ownership and usage of guns

Pistols will always be a big boys toy in the uk but hardly a massive loss and there is still black powder pistols if you feel the need, I loved shooting Browning's in the forces but I also enjoyed riding a motor bike without a helmet or driving without a seat belt, times change and many more laws are made than deleted

The fact that guns are not used unlawfully very often does prove the general public are quite safe in this country

....and Scotland are introducing a new Air Weapon Certificate in a few months time.

Part of the SNP plans to end gun ownership.

It'll be costlier & more controlled than the current shotgun certificate!

if this happens what does one do? I have a air rifle, but who else knows that I own one, as it is not on cert.

Thanks to all old man you are wise about less than polite reply's but if children must play this keep's them out of traffic Livefast 123 if that would help I would be all for sending them to help but some of your own country men gun owners at that are content with being castrated I've read around the forum and its more than a few

+1 was expecting a Nigerian General to crop up wanting my bank details...

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Without punctuation, my brain hurts!
Dougall, Motty - after a long hard day you have brought a few happy tears to my tired eyes and I thank you for this. Apols to Old06 for not sticking to your original ask but credit where credit is due
Edited by Herr Plinker

Right. What type of firearm do you want? What do you want to use it for? Where do you want to use it?

Basically, you fill in a firearm application form in it saying what type of firearm you would like to have. You will need to say why you need it, where you will use it. You will pay for the licence at the same time you send the form off. You will then be interviewed at home and assessed. Full background checks will be carried out.

If you are successful, a certificate is issued and you can then go buy the firearm that you have applied for

Plus dont forget, the land needs cleared for the calibre you wish to buy too! If it is not cleared, and its the only land you have, you won't get it either I believe? unless its for target shooting at a club.