Quigg v Frampton countdown.Who have you and how?

sako751sg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's in surgery today, box office said broken in 2 places in the 4th round..

Confirmed for sure Rich.

Did well not to show the injury at the time imo.

Edited to say just seen the xray and he done extremely well not to let it affect him too much.

Edited by sako751sg

Confirmed for sure Rich.

Did well not to show the injury at the time imo.

Edited to say just seen the xray and he done extremely well not to let it affect him too much.

Yea I just saw it on sky sports,properly broke.. Not a fracture it's got a big gap... Fair play to him for fighting thru after that...

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with Carl Froch..Should have been a draw. Frampton won the early Rounds because Quigg done nothing..But in the later Rounds he had Frampton in serious Bother. Not once was Quigg in any sort of Trouble throughout that fight.If only he had of threw some leather early on instead of doing nothing.it was clear that was the plan but a jab here and there would have got him closer on the score cards.

I did say Frampton wouldn't stop Quigg and it would be close on the cards either way..But it was a **** fight..The third big billed fight that didn't live up to expectations. UFC for me from now on.

Seriously, you must have being watching a differint fight even Eddie Hearn said Frampton won the fight. Good to see respect shown after the fight.

carl frampton & scott quigg embrace in dressing room after ...
Edited by ordnance

Seriously, you must have being watching a differint fight even Eddie Hearn said Frampton won the fight. Good to see respect shown after the fight.

carl frampton & scott quigg embrace in dressing room after ...

Yeah Im Totally Serious.And I was watching the same Fight Carl Froch Was.!But sure what would Mr Froch Know about Boxing eh..?

However on Reflection and after my initial post just after the fight' I do think Frampton scraped the win..JUST.

For 6 rounds not much happened but you could give it to Frampton for iniating but at the same time doing very little. When they finally did engage Quigg was the better fighter "And what after came to light" Did so with a Broken Jaw. He won every round from 6 on and had Frampton in serious bother at the end of the 11th and Frampton was clearly struggling and looked extremely tired " Not for the first time in a later round fight" another 30 seconds and he could well have ended up taking a count. Credit to Frampton for coming out and winning the last round when he did look so tired in the 11th..That round won him the fight.Had he not won that round then I for one would not have been surprised had Quigg got the decision or even a draw which I did say was a possibility.

I have already said I liked both Boxers' and also said i expected Quigg to go for Body Shots and slow Frampton Down,Which he did although left it a little bit to late.It was a very poor over hyped fight although it was understandable why both Boxers where so catious as neither wanted to lose.

Congrats to Carl Framton on winning but for Me There are still a lot of Questions to be Answered before considering him to be An Elite World class fighter.

Thats not to say he wont or cant in the future and I hope he does just that.

Both beat an over the hill/Well past his best Kiko Martinez..I dont think either Frampton or Quigg would have beat Martinez at his best.

Frampton Struggled big time in is last fight with him and then struggled an got put down against a little Known youngster and I would worry at the fact that he basically coasted for 6 rounds doing very little but still seemed to tire in the later rounds.Thats not going to be good enough when he steps up to Fight the guys across the pond like Rigondeaux or Santa Cruz.

As for the respect thing' whats new about that..? Most fighters show each other respect after all the prefight trash talk.

Then there wasnt much respect shown or talked about Quigg when both He and McGuigan appeared on The Nolan show a few weeks back.!

Yeah Im Totally Serious.And I was watching the same Fight Carl Froch Was.!But sure what would Mr Froch Know about Boxing eh..?

However on Reflection and after my initial post just after the fight' I do think Frampton scraped the win..

JUST. Most netural neutral commentators give the fight as a clear win to frampton. But you obviously know better than them. :whistling: PS What were you saying about Froch then again Quote, But sure what would Mr Froch Know about Boxing eh..?

Carl Froch saw Carl Frampton control fight in split decision win over Scott Quigg Carl Froch is not worried about the scores that were read out, because he always felt Carl Frampton was ready to move up a gear against Scott Quigg..

Forget the scoring, Carl Frampton was pretty comfortable cruising to a win on what was a massive, massive night for him.

It was a shame things didn't really get going until the last third of the fight but before that if anyone was trying to initiate something, it was always Frampton.

Carl Froch. I don't see the need for a rematch and it would be a difficult sell. I suppose it turned into a great fight in the last few rounds but the right man won, fair and square.

Glenn McCrory

I did think that Carl Frampton boxed excellently, however.

I’ve heard many people say that they believe it was a close fight, and one judge scoring it in Quigg’s favour suggest that’s the case too; but I think Frampton was a comfortable winner. You could see from the start that out of the two of them he was the one who wanted to win the fight at whatever cost – whereas Quigg was just a little bit to cautious for me.

Edited by ordnance

Aside from the early rounds when very little happened - from either fighter - Frampton did more - the jaw would explain a lot.

Quigg looked by far the stronger of the two in the second half. Aside from the very last round, I thought Quigg dominated the latter half.

JUST. Most netural neutral commentators give the fight as a clear win to frampton. But you obviously know better than them. :whistling: PS What were you saying about Froch then again Quote, But sure what would Mr Froch Know about Boxing eh..?

This seems to be a pretty emotive subject for you' And I dont really know Who you are trying to Convince..Is it Me and all the many people mentioned in Glen McCrory's Quote or is it Yourself.? Is the fact that Frampton won the fight Not enough for You..?

You seem pretty "Hung up" on What the pundits have to say. When the final bell went I turned to my Wife and said this is gonna be close and it could b a draw. It was after the decision and when I heard Carl Froch being interviewed and What came out of his Mouth was that he thought it was a Draw.

Thank God, I have all my Faculties about me and am well able to make up my own mind on things I see and hear without relying on Commentators,Pundits and the Media which I haave long since learned are more than often never that accurate.

Im sure you watch many other sports like Football,Rugby ect and how often have you heard disputes over.. Was it a penalty.? or was it a foul.? or was it a try..? ect. Everyone see's things different or has different views on matters.

As for the rematch..Well I think Scott Quigg deserves one as I still think he can beat Frampton..But Froch is right in the sense it would be hard to sell as the the Fight in Question was hardly edge of the seat stuff now was it..!

I think what I had put' was both Fair and Balanced views on the Fight,You may not like them or agree with them But I wont be Changing them to please You or anyone else' so I dont really think there is much More I can say on the matter.

I wouldn't take what Carl Froch says if my life depended on it. This was the man who spent time slagging off Joe Calzaghe - whose laces he wasn't fit to tie - trying to get a fight he didn't merit. Then he slags James Degale, refusing to fight someone who wasn't in his league.

The man seems to have double standards.

I think what I had put' was both Fair and Balanced views on the Fight,You may not like them or agree with them But I wont be Changing them to please You or anyone else' so I dont really think there is much More I can say on the matter.

You have already changed you mind you went from a draw to Frampton wining the fight. Frampton fought a smart fight and won it quite esaly in the end. The only reason i am posting is because you said you like Froch tought it was a draw, but to be fair you and Froch have changed your minds, :good:

Edited by ordnance

I wouldn't take what Carl Froch says if my life depended on it. This was the man who spent time slagging off Joe Calzaghe - whose laces he wasn't fit to tie - trying to get a fight he didn't merit. Then he slags James Degale, refusing to fight someone who wasn't in his league.

The man seems to have double standards.

Absolutely.

Ex fighters are not best qualified to score fights and Froch is only really happy when hes speaking about himself.

You have already changed you mind you went from a draw to Frampton wining the fight. Frampton fought a smart fight and won it quite esaly in the end. The only reason i am posting is because you said you like Froch tought it was a draw, but to be fair you and Froch have changed your minds, :good:

Nice attempt with your patronising post,but it Still doesnt change anything. You Quoted me and asked What fight I watching..? And I said on Reflection Frampton Just about Scraped the Win..Call that changing My mind if you wish but As far as Im concerned there was very little in it. You reckon he won easily in the End..? Well I'l now ask you What fight where you watching because from 6 on Quigg was the better fighter Banging in Big Body Shots,Hooks and Straight's and Frampton looked anything but Comfortable..Frampton came out and had a Good last round when it didnt look Like he had much left and credit to him for that.As I said that last round won him the Fight "On the Cards". If it makes you feel any better' Then you keep telling yourself that he won it Easy and comfortable in the End but as far as Im concerned he Scraped the win by the Skin of his teeth.

You seem to a pretty handy Fella on the computer with your Quoting and Highlighting' Something I am not very good at but Let me take you back to the start of the Thread and the topic heading which was Quigg v Frampton.Who have you and how..?

Now lets Go to your first post..And I Quote.. SHOUlD BE A GOOD FIGHT. Mmm..Hardly the Dialogue of a fanatical Boxing Fan.! Were you not willing to stick you neck out and try and break the fight down and maybe give a predication on how it would go. It would be my Guess that in reality You are a Bandwagon Boxing fan that has Jumped on the Carl Frampton Success train and therefore there is little point debating with You.

Therefore It also gives me the opportunity to use an old country saying around these parts and That is...

You know as much About Boxing as My A*se does about Snipe Shooting.! And thats very little.!

I will however' give you the benifit of the doubt and i will keep my eyes peeled for any Future big fight that might be discussed on here and i will look forward to your Boxing expertise on breaking the fight down and possibly Giving an accurate predication.

PS it wont let me do Smiley's for some reason but that post finish's with a thumbs up.

Edited by SuperGoose75

Therefore It also gives me the opportunity to use an old country saying around these parts and That is...

You know as much About Boxing as My A*se does about Snipe Shooting.! And thats very little.!

If i could predict how a fight would go i would be worth a fortune, but my crystal ball wasn't working that day. I like your quote, i have never heard that one before the old ones are the best. :rolleyes:

SuperGoose75

I have said Quigg from day one and I think Carl is feeling the pressure more going from what Ive seen of the buld up.

Your own predictions are not great, maybe you should apply the (About Boxing as My A*se does about Snipe Shooting) quote to yourself. :):good:

Edited by ordnance

• 4 weeks later...

As I said previously' I like Frampton but they are certainly not covering themselves in Glory here. Team McGuigan know only to well what the rest of the true boxing fans in the world know and that is he wouldnt have a chance against the Cuban. They are taking the Mayweather route and as you say that seems to be the way things go nowadays. Its all about the money and trying to protect the legacy instead of stepping up and fighting the best.

Take McGregor for example in the UFC,He is honest enough to say its about the Money and he is Smart enough to know The Top of the fight game is a Short Window that wont last forever, But he has ducked no one. He fought and beat the best in his division before moving up and is not afraid to fight anyone despite the high risk factor.Like him or loathe him you can only admire that attitude. He gives the fans the fights they want to see ragardless.

I would give Frampton a slim Chance and a slim Chance only of Beating Santa Cruz. Frampton will not be able to coast as Santa Cruz will be in his face from the 1st to the last bell..Frampton's only chance for me would be to catch Santa Cruz early in the fight with a good shot but the longer the fight went i would have to fancy Cruz giving the fact Frampton tends to tire in the later rounds. Still all the same it Should be a Good Fight..! :)

Frampton may well be running from Rigo by going up but even if he beats Santa Cruz there is a Certain up and coming Ukrainian featherweight awaiting in the long grass who IMO like Rigo would Box his head off.

As I said previously I like Carl Frampton and like to see him do well, but I also have doubts as to wither he is an Elite World class fighter or is it all hype. Until he steps up and beats the best out there then he may well tarnish his only legacy as the paper champ who Ducked Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I also have doubts as to wither he is an Elite World class fighter or is it all hype.

Doesn't say much for Quigg. Not a world class fighter winning IBF and WBA belts. :hmm: All fighters and managers pick their fights for money and to keep the fighter world champion as long as possable, ( more money )people are naive if they think any differently.

As I said previously' I like Frampton but they are certainly not covering themselves in Glory here. Team McGuigan know only to well what the rest of the true boxing fans in the world know and that is he wouldnt have a chance against the Cuban. They are taking the Mayweather route and as you say that seems to be the way things go nowadays. Its all about the money and trying to protect the legacy instead of stepping up and fighting the best.

Take McGregor for example in the UFC,He is honest enough to say its about the Money and he is Smart enough to know The Top of the fight game is a Short Window that wont last forever, But he has ducked no one. He fought and beat the best in his division before moving up and is not afraid to fight anyone despite the high risk factor.Like him or loathe him you can only admire that attitude. He gives the fans the fights they want to see ragardless.

I would give Frampton a slim Chance and a slim Chance only of Beating Santa Cruz. Frampton will not be able to coast as Santa Cruz will be in his face from the 1st to the last bell..Frampton's only chance for me would be to catch Santa Cruz early in the fight with a good shot but the longer the fight went i would have to fancy Cruz giving the fact Frampton tends to tire in the later rounds. Still all the same it Should be a Good Fight..! :)

Frampton may well be running from Rigo by going up but even if he beats Santa Cruz there is a Certain up and coming Ukrainian featherweight awaiting in the long grass who IMO like Rigo would Box his head off.

As I said previously I like Carl Frampton and like to see him do well, but I also have doubts as to wither he is an Elite World class fighter or is it all hype. Until he steps up and beats the best out there then he may well tarnish his only legacy as the paper champ who Ducked Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

If its Lomachenko hes already WBO champ and his amateur record is absolutely astounding and cant see him losing a round against Frampton.

Another fight for him could be Lee Selby and again i wouldnt give him a hope as Selbys workrate and accuracy would eclipse Framptons.

And you are right to doubt if hes a Elite World class.That echelon in boxing isnt bandied around to fighters that have been champs 5 mins.Hes not going the right way to reach it either if he keeps ducking the divisions best and going up in weight where it could get tougher unless he cherry picks his opponents.

Edited by sako751sg

That echelon in boxing isnt bandied around to fighters that have been champs 5 mins.Hes not going the right way to reach it either if he keeps ducking the divisions best and going up in weight where it could get tougher unless he cherry picks his opponents.

Its a business all about the fight that gets the biggest pay day, it has to be a fight the most people will pay to watch. Cherry picking easy fights won't woint get the big money it has to be a fight people want to watch. If he stays the weight he is it will be because he thinks their is more money in it, the same if he goes up a weight. A boxers career can be short once they are at the top its all about making money while the are there.

Edited by ordnance

Its a business all about the fight that gets the biggest pay day, it has to be a fight the most people will pay to watch. Cherry picking easy fights won't woint get the big money it has to be a fight people want to watch. If he stays the weight he is it will be because he thinks their is more money in it, the same if he goes up a weight. A boxers career can be short once they are at the top its all about making money while the are there.

Exactly.

Hes preferring ducking,cherry picking and making money to becoming an elite World class fighter.Glad we both agree. :good: