Deer Ear Tags

Picked up 2 fresh road kill fallow does with very little damage last month. Largest one had yellow ear tag with 2 serial numbers. Local estate/park doesn't tag.Wondering if fallow are farmed or a tagging program in suffolk ? Also strange as don't see many fallow in my area and heard 2 more were picked up off road that week not 6 miles away.

Your thoughts?

NB

I am still here to tell the tail n tasted great! Not far from helmingham park in Mid Suffolk. But they don't tag deer. Is yellow tag with numbers, UK 222097 and 1151 if make any sense to anyone? Has anyone else picked up shot any with tags?

Check your pants before you throw them in the wash, you may find your testicles in them one day soon. Lol

Tag Worn greasy and scratched. So reckon been on a while. Have suffered no side effects!Very little damage. Broken neck and fore leg on one. Other cracked skull and broken fore leg. that why i picked them up. Kept one for myself and swapped other for some lovely salt marsh lamb. Mate was surprised as it's usually pigeon rabbit or squirrels i have to barter with. Incident made story in local paper warning of deer in road at night. Family had stopped that night to watch small heard that was in the road. Another car came along and barrelled into them( audi still have bid name badge). Killing two and injuring a third. Saw injured doe with broken fore leg on one of my perms nearby later that week. couldn't get near it.Heard someone's dog took it down later. Other incident peps reckon they were sitting in the road. Not to bright in both cases so maybe recent escapees. Released?

NB

They will be escapees from a private herd somewhere, no one tags wild deer afaik

The immobilon tags as said say don't eat and that is purely down to no testing having been done to confirm the meat withdrawal period. However it's ridiculously toxic to humans so rather you than me

Reckon your right. Bumped in to another couple of pigeon lads when out chasing pigeons on perms yesterday. They said another of the local parks have and tag fallow and had several escape after tree came down on boundary fence. They farm boys and reckon serial numbers were herd ID numbers. Hope not drugs as i kept and ate liver kidney and heart of both beasts myself. Looked OK and tasted great. Out both days on the rape blocks again this weekend. Hard going! Soggy fields and so cold in the wind! Only 2 degrees yesterday. managed 23 though.Sun, sleet, hale and rain today. Had 14 and 2 crows. Anything in double figures been good round here lately. A lot of big over shot blocks of rape and big spooky flocks reluctant to decoy on wet heavy clay.Think they getting frisky and starting to brake up though. Roll on spring and dryer fields.Plenty of drilling to be done on my perms.

ATB NB