Cuckoo

Lampwick

None of the tagged ones have stirred yet................

http://www.bto.org/science/migration/tracking-studies/cuckoo-tracking

But the martens and swallows have been seen here in SW France from last weekend. More and more every day.

Loads of hen harriers coursing the large crop fields over the last week or two as well.

None of the tagged ones have stirred yet................

http://www.bto.org/science/migration/tracking-studies/cuckoo-tracking

But the martens and swallows have been seen here in SW France from last weekend. More and more every day.

Loads of hen harriers coursing the large crop fields over the last week or two as well.

I wondered about the tracked ones. I was near Hockwold Norfolk, opposite the RSPB reserve! Come the summer we get all sorts there including Golden Oriole Edited by Lampwick

I wondered about the tracked ones. I was near Hockwold Norfolk, opposite the RSPB reserve! Come the summer we get all sorts there including Golden Oriole

We hear orioles around the garden, but rarely see them. One day last year I was on my knees setting a mole trap when one started singing just above me. I managed to slowly turn and had it in view for several minutes. They are so common over here that starlings mimic their song.

We hear orioles around the garden, but rarely see them. One day last year I was on my knees setting a mole trap when one started singing just above me. I managed to slowly turn and had it in view for several minutes. They are so common over here that starlings mimic their song.

I saw some orioles the other day too! They weren't about long tough!

Twist, lick, dunk and eat :D