Hw110

winnie&bezza

probably be overated like the hw100,i had an hw100 22 rubish on accuricy and not just mine i know of a few others the 177 version is ok but doesn,t shoot any better than my scorpion which is loads cheaper to buy,have just aquired an aa s410 light in 22 beats the aforementioned by a long way.

One of the arguments against the HW100 has always been it's weight, and the HW110 was supposedly designed to address this ............. so why oh why have they used a wooden stock? :rolleyes: I could understand - just - if it was Poplar or something equally light, but it's Beech. And to make it even heavier, they coat it with rubber or something similar. Perhaps the Germans aren't quite so clever after all. :oops:

It's a funny thing. It's considerably shorter than the standard length 100, a TINY bit lighter than the KT, but it has the same shot capacity as the standard. It's actually quite a clever design. It comes with 2 ten shot mags, and the silencer as is Weihrauch's way. I'm seriously considering it, because it's a lovely compact gun - significantly shorter than my S510 - and the coating is nice in the hand. There's a follow up to that above video which some might be interested in. It's two months on after a bit of field testing. he has a point about the safety catch; I tried it out today and it is quite a click. It's hard, but not impossible to make it a nice quiet slip off.

Edited by chrisjpainter

By the click sound on the safety it sounds like a ball and spring type catch. A little fettling would soon sort that loud click out. Think if I was looking for short and light in black for hunting a Brocock Compatto would be what I'd be looking at. Or the 100 in a black semi Bullpup aftermarket stock.

Each to their own choices be interesting to see how reliable these 110's are.

Had mine three weeks, very accurate, I think they used beech for weight, it certainly feels solid with good balance, super quiet action.

Safety catch is very clunky, but maybe it will free up, and no sling fittings?

Overall very pleased with it.

Not long to wait! I now own a 110 and have a prototype front stud. You see the front stock screw? that will be where the front swivel stud will go. I bought mine at Ronnie Sunshines and happened to be there when they were looking at it and they said they wanted to try it on a gun, so they put it in mine. They should be along very soon, although it will be nickel so shines a bit. fortunately mine's under a bipod anyway

I for one wont be giving up my HW100 KT + A&M cylinder wearing its A&M silencer, I love the carbine feel, 14shots is just so nice to have. Hands down it beats my Daystates, I love Daystate being on my door step and I wish I had an idea of who I will send my HW to when its due its service, the only person I can think of is Darrin at XTX am not sure there is anyone else near by who I would trust.

Am actually thinking about selling my FAC Huntsman, its absolutely beautiful and I never thought I would as its so good, but am loving my clay shooting and HFT so much that am just not doing it justice.

My 100 normally wears a Hawke SideWinder SR PRO but I have on test a 10x44 MTC EVX and have to say am liking it a lot great image and great reticule.

ATB

Matt

I'm finding the longer l have my HW100 kt the more l like it .. it feels very sturdy and well made.

Regards the HW110 .. its early days and might turn into a classic rifle such as is the HW100 series .. presently people can only speculate "usually its those who have not owned or shot one that tend to the most"

So unless you are flicking it on and off for no reason, why worry?

I like to have a safety on my gun in case of unexpected lost ramblers etc, just a little more peace of mind, so why is the safety being loud a bad thing?

Because if you leave the safety on until you're ready to take the shot, the louder the safety removal, the more likely it is the quarry will hear you - especially if you're in and around farm buildings when sound can echo

Because if you leave the safety on until you're ready to take the shot, the louder the safety removal, the more likely it is the quarry will hear you - especially if you're in and around farm buildings when sound can echo

Well either do not put the safety on and take your finger off of the trigger when walking round, or load the gun when you spot the quarry, the loading noise will be less than the safety!

Edited by secretagentmole

• 3 weeks later...

My mate just bought an HW 110. Drove all the way to Blackpool to buy it for Scotland.

He loves the gun and has already claimed a few rabbits with it.

Me I shoot FX rifles after 15 years using AA, Daystate, Theoben and BSA.

These are streets ahead of the above and what a choice ? Check email out next time you are looking for a gun.