Beginner Sporter

Jrollsons

With that budget you could afford a very good secondhand gun by one of the leading makes such as Browning, Miroku or Beretta. Handle and shoot as many as you can to decide which you prefer before parting with money. You could also get a very good Winchester 101 for that money; well worth a look.

Edited by Scully

I was advised when I started (with similar budget) to look at Browning, Beretta or Miroku entry level sporters. Tried all 3 several times to get a feel. Went with the Browning 525 in the end and love it. My advice would be to try them out and, if you can, get someone to check how they fit you.

Some shops have a try-before-you-buy policy for s/h guns, yeah. Give them a call and check.

I had several lessons before I got my SGC to see if it was something I was definitely going to get in to and I requested which guns I wanted to use for the lesson so I could compare them side by side.

Where would you normally go to try out the guns? I must apologise im so new to this. Do gun shops have a try before you buy policy?

hello, if you say the area you live then i am sure some PW members can help further with advice on local gun shops and those that have a try before you buy eg fitting/clay shooting

Ive already had a number of lessons but my instructor said that he can teach me to shoot with his gun Baretta ultralight all day long. He said its best to get my own gun and then he will teach me how to shoot it, which I think makes more sense.

Most people when they say try some mean for fit in a shop though some clay grounds have attached shops where you may be able to try guns.

If you shoot well with a Beretta perhaps stick to one as Browning / Miroku do not fit the same as a rule.

I would not have a ultralight as a general gun though , I had one and it was uncomfortable when putting a lot of cartridges through .

Something like a silver pigeon sporter would be a good choice.

Ive already had a number of lessons but my instructor said that he can teach me to shoot with his gun Baretta ultralight all day long. He said its best to get my own gun and then he will teach me how to shoot it, which I think makes more sense.

hello, well it is just a matter of buying your own shotgun of your choice that fits well and in your budget,