Landrovers

darren m

anyone on here any good with landrover discoverys .

i,ve got water leaking into the drivers foot well , and the header tank as lost some coolant :yes: .

its non aircon , so the only other thing i can think of is the heater rad .

any ideas .

thanks

:yes: Its a bitch of a job but there are some shortcuts that can be made.

If you don't need your heater what with the summer coming and all you could buy a copper u joint from the local plumbers merchants and join the two hoses that go into the bulkhead together.

If you need the heater working buy two bottles of T seal and add to the cooling system. They cost £10 a bottle but appear to work well.

Good luck.

LB

well i,m still on the fence here , i drive the trooper and my mrs uses the landy.

LB - good tip re- u shape pipe , worth thinking about .

anyone know what LR charge per hour labour ???

anyone know if the disco ones matrix has changed at all from 89 to 98 , are they all multi-fit

If you need the heater working buy two bottles of T seal and add to the cooling system. They cost £10 a bottle but appear to work well.

Buy a couple of cheap bottles of scotch instead and forget all about it!

Snakebite, I have used this compound twice and both cars (diesels) are still working. Don't confuse it with the radweld gear thats on the market.

LB

Sell it quick before it cost you even more.Get yourself a Jap 4x4 and you'll never touch Landy again. :good:

...i almost fell off my chair when i read this :lol:

[LR pride mode]

You can never replace a Landy (read: series and defenders)....like they said on top gear, they are the best car of all time because when you need help and you see a Landy coming your way you instantly know every things going to be alright. They don't have somewhere better to be and they are made from big lumps of metal which move other lumps of metal that can't not work instead of jap stuff that has a little electronic United Nations that decides on everything and whether you allowed to do that or not.

(i know defenders have traction control and ECU's for the TD5's but they don't count :good: )

[/LR pride mode]

sorry about that...don't know what came over me there, i've got nothing against jap 4x4's but in my opinion you can't replace a series or defender they are too much of a classic

Sell it quick before it cost you even more.Get yourself a Jap 4x4 and you'll never touch Landy again. :good:

...i almost fell off my chair when i read this :lol:

[LR pride mode]

You can never replace a Landy (read: series and defenders)....like they said on top gear, they are the best car of all time because when you need help and you see a Landy coming your way you instantly know every things going to be alright. They don't have somewhere better to be and they are made from big lumps of metal which move other lumps of metal that can't not work instead of jap stuff that has a little electronic United Nations that decides on everything and whether you allowed to do that or not.

(i know defenders have traction control and ECU's for the TD5's but they don't count :lol: )

[/LR pride mode]

sorry about that...don't know what came over me there, i've got nothing against jap 4x4's but in my opinion you can't replace a series or defender they are too much of a classic

Yes I totally agree they were classics, just like the spitfire during the battle of Britain, but it's time to move onwards and upwards . :good:

LB -- i,ve put something in the header tank called BAR seal , will run it today and see what happens .

Hey LB ain't that typical...give someone a good piece of advice then they go and do something different! :good: What's the betting he'll want more advice when he sees what happens and doesn't like it :lol: You could be onto a nice little earner then, an all expenses trip oop north! :good:

LB -- i,ve put something in the header tank called BAR seal , will run it today and see what happens .

I hope it works Darren but I have got to tell you that its more likey to block the core of the rad or matrix :oops:

Hey LB ain't that typical...give someone a good piece of advice then they go and do something different! :unsure: What's the betting he'll want more advice when he sees what happens and doesn't like it :lol: You could be onto a nice little earner then, an all expenses trip oop north! :good:

I don't go that far on my holidays Highlander never mind work :lol::lol::lol:

LB

bar is a bit naff, try to get hold of wynns radiator stop leak, comes in a blue bottle, its fantastic stuff, stays liquid and will work for ages.

most sealants need to go straight into the cooling system NOT THE HEADER/EXPANSION TANK

bar is a bit naff, try to get hold of wynns radiator stop leak, comes in a blue bottle, its fantastic stuff, stays liquid and will work for ages.

most sealants need to go straight into the cooling system NOT THE HEADER/EXPANSION TANK

I bunged 4 bottles of Wynns into the Disco (2 bottles at a time). It stopped it for a couple of weeks then the leak came back again.

I have never tried the stuff that LB recommends.

Bite the bullet and fix it, at least you know it's not going to go for a tommo on you in the middle of nowhere when you are least expecting it.

already tried wynns stop leak as advised by my local garage , but did not work .

BAR seams to be working for the moment , but i,m guessing it wont last

Highlander -- the stuff was already bought mate before LB mentioned the T seal , so i thought i may as well try it .

if it dont work i will try the Tseal , if i can get it .

what sort of damage can these rad fix type stuff do , do they harden or stay liquid.

should i flush the system .