cherokee jeep

mikky

If it's free, then get it, no matter if it's bad or good. If worst comes to worst, then you can sell it and use the money to buy something else, but that's being really mercenary.

From what I can remember about them, they were a bit cramped inside, but otherwise not bad cars. I seem to remember something about being able to run for ages with no engine coolant, but I could be imagining that.

nice try....its my brothers..he now has 50 grand singing and dancing range rover,i don't know why he has a 4x4 the biggest thing he goes over are the speed bumps at tesco. but is it going to be more trouble than its worth,it will get used once a week,cost a fortune in maintainance when it does go wrong,i will have it.....could be a cheap car for someone in pw :good:

Mate of mine had an older one (M plate I think) and did over 140k in it. The only thing that went wrong with it was putting a driveshaft through the diff when he was driving over a ploughed field "at speed". So, he drove it to the garage and they fixed it for him.

His was a 4.0 and it was the first time I have ever seen a cartilt when you revved it.

The 2.7 diesel is a good engine, mercedes 5 cylinder as fitted to my ML270CDI, rear diffs do need a £500 rebuild occasionally, main dealer servicing repairing is outrageously expensive as most cars are, I repair my Mercedes myself to save money, I would have it if it was a diesel, if it is a 4.0 petrol I would tow a petrol tanker behind it, the diesels only do 26 mpg.

could be a cheap car for someone in pw :good:

How cheap are we talking here? I might be looking for something to replace my piece of **** navara fairly soon :oops:

well its still in london,my brother has offered to bring it up to manchester but its when he can get time off work,if you are still interested when it gets here come over and have a look at it :unsure:

would,t touch it with a barge pole..

Was involved in an accident last year involving one of these and it disintigrated into a million peices and sadley the driver of it died... :good:

Extremely sorry to hear that

This vehicle and even the facelift version of this Cheroke is regarded in the automotive industry as the worst vehicle for all round vision ( Blind Spots, Roll Back accidents ) and crash survivability. Its gets better !!! ( worse ). Their record proves that it is highly unstable and given to roll over, coupled with poor cab performance and lateral stability. If it leaves the horizontal and it will, be sure and duck under the dash board !

My professional opinion as an automotive analysist is to advise you to drive it directly to an auction where you might be lucky if has full spec to get £3500. Spend this money on a better vehicle in the knowledge you're safer...

This is generally the problem with US Designed vehicles, but they are begining to wake up to the EU method of design and cost.

well...my tv finally packed up today...it looks like i am going to sell it and get a plasma for the front room.

£ 3500 for a p reg 1997 ....i wish...having said that...what is it worth ?

mikky

would,t touch it with a barge pole..

Was involved in an accident last year involving one of these and it disintigrated into a million peices and sadley the driver of it died... :lol:

Extremely sorry to hear that

This vehicle and even the facelift version of this Cheroke is regarded in the automotive industry as the worst vehicle for all round vision ( Blind Spots, Roll Back accidents ) and crash survivability. Its gets better !!! ( worse ). Their record proves that it is highly unstable and given to roll over, coupled with poor cab performance and lateral stability. If it leaves the horizontal and it will, be sure and duck under the dash board !

My professional opinion as an automotive analysist is to advise you to drive it directly to an auction where you might be lucky if has full spec to get £3500. Spend this money on a better vehicle in the knowledge you're safer...

This is generally the problem with US Designed vehicles, but they are begining to wake up to the EU method of design and cost.

cheers chris....lets hope it gets from london to manchester in one piece :good: