free view box

kody

Are you thinking about using the sky dish or going back to the old aerial I found the freeview to be better and the 500g recording set top boxes are only just over £100 the freesat ones are more like £200 and yes you can get a few more channels on them but as most of it is repeats anyway what is the point and you can plug in your internet and get I-player and many other channels.

I have a sky dish with quad LNB. Shotgun cable (twin) feeds Humax DTR1000s box living room also hard wired into router for iplayer and catch up etc. 1gb hard drive. 1 cable feeds humax box main bedroom for TV no hard drive and other cable feeds dining room using an old sky box ( no sky subs) but I have BT internet so free BT sports.

You can get an Octo LNB with 8 feeds but happy with the 4 I have so not tried an 8

I have a PC connected to TV RBG cable and hard wired to router for downloading films Extra Torrent so films are sorted including all latest new series from USA that Sky sell on atlantic. Easy enough to download for season in minutes and watch at your leisure.

Sky Sports- Theres plenty of sites out there to stream live or use an android tablet or phone Mobdro is good. Still it in a docking station connect to HDMI swipe and watch it on your TV

Only thing I pay is TV licence and T'internet from BT. I'm lucky the green BT exchange box is 50 yards if that away from my house at I pull about 90 to 120Mb/s so its mega fast download and streaming is amazing.

Downloads as quick as less than 2 minutes for a 700 meg file.