Dunlop

TONY R

Just watched the programme about the Dunlop dynasty for the second time,

He and his brother William were told they couldn't race because 3 days earlier William senior ( Their dad) was killed in another race,

They both wheeled their bikes onto the grid and there was no way the stewards could get them off,

Young Williams bike wouldn't run properly so couldn't start anyway,

Michael rode like a man possessed and won, then just broke down in tears,

Mcguiness said after Dunlop beat him, he was just going to ride through whoever was in his way,

Glad he seems to have calmed down, the family doesn't need to lose another one to road racing

:shaun:

was that the film road

Watched the lightweight Linton on top form, felt a bit sorry for Garry Johnson i think he had a lot more to offer but for that problem, and the bike did finnish .

Duno tomorrow lots going on from what you hear and read, senior and Mcguiness i still think he might make it another tomorrow. :yes:

Tragic that so many have died this year. Conditions have been nigh on perfect, so perhaps it's just people pushing on too hard?

After going to the TT and Manx GP for many years, sad not to be there this year which reminds me of the Centenary year where I watched McGuinness break the 130 on a stunning day (watched from the Bungalow). My Aprilias are now sold so relegated to a KTM Duke which isn't the best bike for the journey!

It looks like Hutchy's year again...the man's on fire. I don't think that Dunlop will have an answer for him but we'll see. Sadly for John, I genuinely think that he's not really in with a shout. He may podium if he pushes but his bike's down on power compared with the BMWs (and Kawasakis) and sensibly John won't give it 11/10ths any more because of his family commitments. His consistency and smoothness may win out. Hats off to him though as he's been at this over 20 years now!

Tragic that so many have died this year. Conditions have been nigh on perfect, so perhaps it's just people pushing on too hard?

After going to the TT and Manx GP for many years, sad not to be there this year which reminds me of the Centenary year where I watched McGuinness break the 130 on a stunning day (watched from the Bungalow). My Aprilias are now sold so relegated to a KTM Duke which isn't the best bike for the journey!

It looks like Hutchy's year again...the man's on fire. I don't think that Dunlop will have an answer for him but we'll see. Sadly for John, I genuinely think that he's not really in with a shout. He may podium if he pushes but his bike's down on power compared with the BMWs (and Kawasakis) and sensibly John won't give it 11/10ths any more because of his family commitments. His consistency and smoothness may win out. Hats off to him though as he's been at this over 20 years now!

I have been to the island several times and always follow it on the internet but for a few years now I have had this growing discomfort with the whole concept. Its just too dangerous now in my opinion. There is no point racing if you don't want to win but the bikes are just too fast for the course. Is that the fault of the bikes? Or the fault of the course?

Considering the money that it brings in the Manx government could do a lot to improve the safety but the course is not that different to when the bikes were peaking at 40mph in 1907. They seem to be proud of the hazardous conditions.

Edited by Vince Green

I have been to the island several times and always follow it on the internet but for a few years now I have had this growing discomfort with the whole concept. Its just too dangerous now in my opinion. There is no point racing if you don't want to win but the bikes are just too fast for the course. Is that the fault of the bikes? Or the fault of the course?

Considering the money that it brings in the Manx government could do a lot to improve the safety but the course is not that different to when the bikes were peaking at 40mph in 1907. They seem to be proud of the hazardous conditions.

I know what your saying but it's what makes it the TT, the danger has a major part of it. It's up to the riders and spectators at the end of the day. Not just anyone can ride it, even the back markers are very good bike racers

I've been recording on Virgin,ITV 4 I think, flipping useless just tried to watch the Senior and it was all Sidecars ??? Which was good but.....

Now ive seen the results-****** !

Even catch up is showing sidecars instead of the Senior ?

Does anyone know why they don't ride the smaller capacity bikes any more?

Surely the best way to learn the island would be on of of those before moving up to the bigger bikes?

They still have the lightweights but most of the smaller bikes were 2 strokes which couldnt meet emission regs

:shaun:

I've been recording on Virgin,ITV 4 I think, flipping useless just tried to watch the Senior and it was all Sidecars ??? Which was good but.....

Now ive seen the results-****** !

Even catch up is showing sidecars instead of the Senior ?

the highlights off the seniour tt was on itv 4 last night at 1030 mate