Ever been Fooled

anser2

Boris never says anything , just brushes aside questions with the standard answer " it will be alright" or no thing to worry about". Mind you he sits on the fence to see which way the wind is blowing.

Its clear that having won Boris and the leave side has no idea what to do next. They should have had a plan already worked out , not wait until afterwards and then hold a meeting to decide. Perhaps its time to send him to the tower is true British tradition for treason for destroying the future of the country..

I don't think either side could have a plan as they are cross party and often opposed.

Equally forming a team and agreeing a position to negotiate will be complex. Whilst we are out, the populace have different perceptions of what out actually is. Add to which is the complexity of legality and constitution (watch the fish with the EU). Even tonight we are hearing interpretation of 'should' in respect of Art50 meaning a legal obligation to notify the commission of exit.

If the UK and particularly the Civil Service are good at anything, its unraveling these things and stringing together a coherent ' Yes Minister' argument. Now we have started on the journey one way or another we have to do it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, and that's why the government shouldn't have taken sides on this once they had called a referendum. They should have prepared for both eventualities. I suspect they did but because they took a side, they are still trying to make the Brexit side look bad.

Ur quite right cameron and osborne should of stood back months ago or not got involved in 1st place. Getting so involved didnse really give them an option.

I do think the leave camp possibly should have thought a bit more about the exit stratergy BUT to be fair not really there job as they really wanted cameron to stay on.

It does seem a bit like writing the manifesto after u've won the the election

What was the will of the people? Out yes and no doubt out it will be. The out is open to different interpretation.

What is the different interpretation of "out of the EU" to which you refer? It was a simple "out" or "in" on the ballot paper, the majority voted "out" that's the democratic will of the people.....for those that voted the other way to now oppose the democratic decision, is at best???????........so as to not get on the wrong side of the expletive filter, others can choose the words!!

What is the different interpretation of "out of the EU" to which you refer? It was a simple "out" or "in" on the ballot paper, the majority voted "out" that's the democratic will of the people.....for those that voted the other way to now oppose the democratic decision, is at best? ??????........so as to not get on the wrong side of the expletive filter, others can choose the words!!

Out it will be no doubt about that and rightly so. Its now a matter of blending what people expect (think they voted for) which includes everything from money for the NHS to free trade to immigration point systems, with what can be achieved under the out heading.

Out it will be no doubt about that and rightly so. Its now a matter of blending what people expect (think they voted for) which includes everything from money for the NHS to free trade to immigration point systems, with what can be achieved under the out heading.

This is two separate issues! Out is out we can agree? What happens next is immaterial really, it is once again solely the responsiblity of the elected government of the U.K. That is what we elected (and pay them) them to do!.........to run the country on our behalf!

In due course they will be accountable for their performance to the people of the U.K. at the ballot box......as it should be in a democracy! the EU on the other hand had tremendous power with virtually no accountability........and whatever they did, UK voters couldn't kick out the corrupt faceless bureacrats that actually controlled everything!

Quote from Sky News "“I said to him, so where’s the plan? Can we see the Brexit plan now?” Islam told Botting, without naming the MP specifically.

He said the pro-Leave Tory replied: “There is no plan. The Leave campaign don’t have a post-Brexit plan.”

The trouble with the vote is the referendum is too many people accepted the lies they were told and voted with their hearts and not their heads and now the country is going to suffer for it.

In the latest of several dramatic plot twists concerning the EU referendum, it appears the person who set up the petition calling for a second referendum, which has amassed more than 3 million signatures, was actually a Leave campaigner who thought Remain was on course to win.

William Oliver Healey states on his Facebook page that he is standing for the right-wing nationalist political party the English Democrats in Leicestershire. He set up the petition on May 25 when he assumed Remain was on course to clinch the vote, according to his Facebook page.

Typical of the leave tactics.

In the latest of several dramatic plot twists concerning the EU referendum, it appears the person who set up the petition calling for a second referendum, which has amassed more than 3 million signatures, was actually a Leave campaigner who thought Remain was on course to win.

William Oliver Healey states on his Facebook page that he is standing for the right-wing nationalist political party the English Democrats in Leicestershire. He set up the petition on May 25 when he assumed Remain was on course to clinch the vote, according to his Facebook page.

Typical of the leave tactics.

"Amassed more than 3 million signatures"? In two days? If you believe that you'll believe anything! you are so blinded by your own opinion you can't see it's a hoax!......... This petition is under investigation for fraud! It appears you have been fooled again? Lol!

You lost........suck it up and move on! Lol!

Quote from Sky News "“I said to him, so where’s the plan? Can we see the Brexit plan now?” Islam told Botting, without naming the MP specifically.

He said the pro-Leave Tory replied: “There is no plan. The Leave campaign don’t have a post-Brexit plan.”

The trouble with the vote is the referendum is too many people accepted the lies they were told and voted with their hearts and not their heads and now the country is going to suffer for it.

How many more times.........it ain't up to the leave campaign to have a post Brexit plan.......it is the responsibility of the elected government to sort out!

Why should a govenment who did not want to leave have to clear up the mess the leave side have created. Its like saying I am going to drive my car into another one driving on the right side of the road and then expecting for the driver on the right side of the road to pay for the clear up. I was always taught from childhood if you make a mess you have to clear it up and do not expect your mother to do it. Mind you I guess some little boys from Eton expect to have their ***** wiped for them.

Edited by anser2

In a statement posted on Facebook, a campaigner for the English Democrats party identifying himself as Oliver Healey says he started the petition "when it was looking unlikely that 'leave' were going to win, with the intention of making it harder for 'remain' to further shackle us to the EU".

Panoma1 its not me who is blind its you. Just look it up and you will find out the website was set up a month ago by the leave side. Mind you its so typical of so many of the leave side not wanting the truth get in the way of your opinion.

I will make it easy for you http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36634407

Edited by anser2

Yes I was aware, but the original petition was highjacked by the loonies, hoaxers and the deluded "remainers" like yourself, grasping at straws and jumping on the "we want a second chance" bandwagon! Even the authorities know the petition is rigged and fraudulent.....but if you want to continue deluding yourself that "we was robbed"!........knock yourself out!

Oh! and the source of your link.....the BBC....have egg all over their faces for not bothering to even research the story before release.......Typical, they were biased in favour of the "remain" side all along!

Why should a govenment who did not want to leave have to clear up the mess the leave side have created. Its like saying I am going to drive my car into another one driving on the right side of the road and then expecting for the driver on the right side of the road to pay for the clear up. I was always taught from childhood if you make a mess you have to clear it up and do not expect your mother to do it. Mind you I guess some little boys from Eton expect to have their ***** wiped for them.

Because that is what we elect a government, pay them and give them the power to do! The Brexit side are not in power and have not the power to implement anything, they were merely giving those who wanted "out" of a corrupt EU a focus!

It matters not one jot that the government "did not want to leave" they have been told what to do in a democratic vote......they should get on and do it......except Cameron has declared he will not do it............the coward, welsher and traitor has left that in the hands of his successor.......

The people have voted to leave the EU, so the elected Government and PM have the responsibility to invoke Art 50, nobody else.

Personally I think that Cameron has played a blinder in his last act of treachery towards the country. Resigning and refusing to start the process has ensured that it will not happen until Oct and somebody else will have the responsibility of pressing the button as it were. Meanwhile his country bubbles away with those with illusions of grandeur and intelligence trying to thwart the democratic will of the people to leave the EU.

Edited by Livefast123

The people have voted to leave the EU, so the elected Government and PM have the responsibility to invoke Art 50, nobody else.

Personally I think that Cameron has played a blinder in his last act of treachery towards the country. Resigning and refusing to start the process has ensured that it will not happen until Oct and somebody else will have the responsibility of pressing the button as it were. Meanwhile his country bubbles away with those with illusions of grandeur and intelligence trying to thwart the democratic will of the people to leave the EU.

If you were going to be put in charge would you want someone else starting the process for you? If it ends up being Borris I am sure he would rather have the option of pressing the button at the point best for his negotiations rather than having it pressed for him. Looking at the concern from the EU leadership pushing for the process to start ASAP it looks to me that having the option of delay is a useful tool for the UK to get the EU to dance a little more to our tune.

Why should a govenment who did not want to leave have to clear up the mess the leave side have created.

Because that's exactly what we pay them to do.

You seem to forget they're there to carry out the will of the people to the best of their abilities. They are public servants, not political masters...something you, and they, seem to have forgotten.

If you were going to be put in charge would you want someone else starting the process for you? If it ends up being Borris I am sure he would rather have the option of pressing the button at the point best for his negotiations rather than having it pressed for him. Looking at the concern from the EU leadership pushing for the process to start ASAP it looks to me that having the option of delay is a useful tool for the UK to get the EU to dance a little more to our tune.

Invoking Article 50 is the start of the process, the U.K. are not out of the EU until this happens! So until this happens we are still in! Cameron, despite saying he would stay on whichever way the referendum went, has bought time by staying in power but refusing to comply with the will of the people by invoking article 50! Leaving that to his successor.

Before appointing a new leader the Conservative party may call a general election and along with Labour and the Liberal Democrats stand on a manifesto promise that if elected they will overturn the result of the referendum!.........By doing so they get another chance to stay in the EU..............that's politics.......watch this space!

I agree.

The EU bigwigs have accused us of holding them hostage by not starting the process straight away, I think they're right, just as we should be, they've held us all hostage with threats for years, and the only way we're going to get anything out of them is if they feel a little sting in the wallet area before we start the process, this is going to be a long negotiation, and it need to be done on our terms, not those of the European Commission, rushing the process just weakens our position.

I would however like to see some activity from those in Westminster to calm the financial markets, and some reassurances that there is something happening and everyone there isn't just in hiding, it's all been rather too quiet in my opinion.

We shall see what happens.

Edited by Jamesey1981

Invoking Article 50 is the start of the process, the U.K. are not out of the EU until this happens! So until this happens we are still in! Cameron, despite saying he would stay on whichever way the referendum went, has bought time by staying in power but refusing to comply with the will of the people by invoking article 50! Leaving that to his successor.

Before appointing a new leader the Conservative party may call a general election and along with Labour and the Liberal Democrats stand on a manifesto promise that if elected they will overturn the result of the referendum!.........By doing so they get another chance to stay in the EU..............that's politics.......watch this space!

I don't doubt its possible through an election. There is currently insufficient consensus across the house to agree how a plan for the exit process will work. Without agreement its hard to go forward.

Leading ‘Brexit’ campaigner Iain Duncan Smith claims he “never said” the NHS would get £350m a week extra after leaving the EU - even though it was emblazoned on the side of a bus.

Amid a series of revelations suggesting the ‘Brexit’-ers are backsliding on pledges made before Thursday’s historic vote, the former Tory party leader was confronted by the Leave campaign’s poster by Andrew Marr, which said: “Let’s give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week.”

Leading ‘Brexit’ campaigner Iain Duncan Smith claims he “never said” the NHS would get £350m a week extra after leaving the EU - even though it was emblazoned on the side of a bus.

Amid a series of revelations suggesting the ‘Brexit’-ers are backsliding on pledges made before Thursday’s historic vote, the former Tory party leader was confronted by the Leave campaign’s poster by Andrew Marr, which said: “Let’s give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week.”

No one ever claimed the NHS would get £350 million extra! They may have suggested it would be a better use of the money than giving it to the EU (and I agree!) Why are you again deliberately misrepresenting what the "out" campaign said......tastes like sour grapes to me!

I agree.

The EU bigwigs have accused us of holding them hostage by not starting the process straight away, I think they're right, just as we should be, they've held us all hostage with threats for years, and the only way we're going to get anything out of them is if they feel a little sting in the wallet area before we start the process, this is going to be a long negotiation, and it need to be done on our terms, not those of the European Commission, rushing the process just weakens our position.

I would however like to see some activity from those in Westminster to calm the financial markets, and some reassurances that there is something happening and everyone there isn't just in hiding, it's all been rather too quiet in my opinion.

We shall see what happens.

Thats because it was Sunday. Can't expect these hard working politicos to work over the weekend.

Im not woried we voted out they wont call for a second referendum and even if they did the result would be the same.

Sure some regret voting out but there are some who regret not voting in.

But the big move for out will come from a lot of in voters who are insenced at this blatant disregard for democracy in calling for a second referendum.

Watch this space. .