Firearms laws

Right the lad that shoots rabbits on the farm his fac is going to run out 8th of next month

And being with essex means a temp certificate

So no exp rounds

My questions is if he is with me lamping can I let him use my ammo ? In his gun

I believe the answer will be no ?

Im not a firearms law expert but I believe the answer is yes he can. After all if he was a not FAC owner you could let him use your rifle and ammunition as long as he is under your close supervision.

Also I dont beleive that is true. I did not think others could use your rifle if they did not have a cert. When I went for variation for CF i was told it would have to be a course or mentor through a club and to use club rifles,not justy mates rifle as he would be breaking law allowing me to use his rifle

My understanding is:

Section 7

Keep guns only - not for use

No expanding ammo to keep or use.

I spoke to my local force about this and they said they never take any action against any of their license holders who are out shooting in our area even with expanding ammo - BUT ONLY IF - the license holder applied in good time for their renewal and the delay was solely down to the delays from the firearms licensing department. However, the law states differently so you do it at your own risk, and if you go to shoot in another area you are on a seriously sticky wicket.

Also I dont beleive that is true. I did not think others could use your rifle if they did not have a cert. When I went for variation for CF i was told it would have to be a course or mentor through a club and to use club rifles,not justy mates rifle as he would be breaking law allowing me to use his rifle

Section 16 or 16.1 (may be wrong which section lol might of even changed as haven't read it since its update in April 2016)a none licence holder can use (within earshot) if accompanied by a fac holder who is servant of the land.

Edited by Davyo

When I applied for my first firearms certificate the feo asked about experience and I told him I had used my mates rifle under his supervision. Good he said because of this previous experience no problem getting a centerline rifle from the start.

Section 16 or 16.1 (may be wrong which section lol might of even changed as haven't read it since its update in April 2016)a none licence holder can use (within earshot) if accompanied by a fac holder who is servant of the land.

Cheers for that... I was always under impression it was not allowed..

Cheers for that... I was always under impression it was not allowed..

Here's the relevant section:

A person who does not hold a firearm certificate may borrow a rifle (the ‘estate rifle’) from the occupier of private land and use it on that land in the presence of the occupier or the occupier’s servant. “Servant” would be taken to include a stalker, gamekeeper or ghillie employed by the occupier.

• · The borrower must be aged 17 years or older. If the borrower is 17 years old, then the lender must be aged 18 years or over.
  • · The rifle may only be used on the occupier’s land.
  • · The occupier’s servant, if accompanying the borrower, must hold a firearm certificate for the estate rifle.
  • · All conditions on the lender’s firearm certificate must be complied with.

Relevant Act(s): Section 16 (1) Firearms Amendment Act 1988

Right the lad that shoots rabbits on the farm his fac is going to run out 8th of next month

And being with essex means a temp certificate

So no exp rounds

My questions is if he is with me lamping can I let him use my ammo ? In his gun

I believe the answer will be no ?

If you are an occupier he can use your rifle and ammo.

Can you give him expanding ammo to use in his rifle. No, as he cannot possess expanding ammo on a temp cert.

The estate rifle exemption does not apply in this situation.