show us your Bird tables

Davyo

no,.. they follow me home after a days pigeonshooting.............laughing their socks off all the way

at the last count there were 14 of the damn things............and the way they eat they will all die of heart attacks................them damn birds cost more to feed than the dogs......

Edited by ditchman

.177 sort that lot!

bloody right........next door have chickens.........AND RATS................been lookin at the airgun thread recently..........also the damn jackdaws are starting to make a home here.....and that can stop right now... :lol:

The reason I'm on this forum is that my wife put a bird table in our garden. It attracted the rats that ran along the nearby stream and I was happy to shoot them. One day I said to her 'You realise these rats are dropping by for the bird seed you put out?' Next day I looked out the window and there was a large rat on the table wrestling with a slice of pepperoni pizza she'd put out for the birds instead of seed, cos I'd told her not to. Jeez!

I used to have a bird bath in my back garden but what put me off was I would give it a good clean and put some nice clean water in to it and the birds would come down and **** in it why do they do that when the water is nice and clean for them to bath and drink stupid things birds.

I also had a bird table that I put out food seeds and bread on until one day I was looking out the window and there was a two big rats eating the seeds and bread that the birds had pushed off the table after eating that one of the rats was cling the pole it could not get onto the top but I am shore that it would have done in the end so I stopped feeding the birds after that we still have loads of birds so they are getting plenty of food.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

The reason I'm on this forum is that my wife put a bird table in our garden. It attracted the rats that ran along the nearby stream and I was happy to shoot them. One day I said to her 'You realise these rats are dropping by for the bird seed you put out?' Next day I looked out the window and there was a large rat on the table wrestling with a slice of pepperoni pizza she'd put out for the birds instead of seed, cos I'd told her not to. Jeez!

There are loads of rats about this year. Mainly attracted to the sunflower seeds on bird tables or chicken feed. This week I've been out to a customer who reported hearing scurrying inside their kitchen cabinets at night. The droppings indicated it was either a rat or lerot (garden dormouse) so I suggested putting a trap in a box inside the cabinet, duly baited and secured. I sent an e-mail yesterday to ask how they were getting on and did they want me to call around tomorrow. He replied that they had caught the dormouse on the first evening, but he had put the open trap box containing the dormouse outside his house and next morning the trap and victim had vanished leaving just the box! :hmm:

Anyway, here is my bird table..........

2016-07-21%2011.05.20_zpsmz3b0jsz.jpg

I might have posted this before but-my wife bought me a huge Bird Table as a birthday gift many years ago, so I can't chuck it out.

It is now a bit like 'Triggers Brush' - New table top, new leg's, new supports.

Its only the pole thats original anymore, and thats rotton now.

She'd chop my nuts off (see what I did there)? If I were to replace it.

Its seen some action over the years though.Many special sights.

Guest cookoff013

i prescribe a .177.