Browning B425 Grade 1 - Opinions

Wingman

Seen a nice B425 G1 that I am keen on buying as a hide / rough shooting gun. Its in a good condition with a few dings on the wood here and there clearly well used but seems tight. Its up for 700.00 which seems a good price and comes with the case, 3 chokes (some are clearly missing).

The dealer reckons its a mid 80's gun and I wondered if anyone had any comments or views on reliability etc of these older brownings?

Cheers chaps

I might be wrong about the date to be honest Scully, I only had a quick look at it and a load of other guns and probably didnt hear or remember what he said!

It is a nice one, and I am tempted to be honest probably go back and take another closer look.

Browning B325 made from 1988.

Browning B425 made from 1995 - chrome lined barrels and mono-block chambers, as opposed to the previous chopper lump barrels.

I have owned both - great guns, but would prefer the 425 - less bore rusting potential.

You can date the guns from their serial number. If it is mid 1980s, it isn't either one of these.

Mines a 'NP' which means 98.

Purchased it new, part ex'd a Winchester 1500XTR for it.

Can't honestly remember how many chokes that it came with- but went and purchased a full set of Brileys for it.

Had the sock pulled and lowered specifically for me, kick-eze pad and a lump of lead in the stock to balance the thing out.

Loved that gun- so much so that I still have it, along with too many other Brownings subsequently :-)