Devon

flynny

Well after a hectic and busy year , building my house extension and just finishing a £14 million build , me and the tribe are off to Devon for 2 weeks, car is packed and I'm off at 3am , I'll tell you what I can't wait I'm absolutely exhausted and need the break!!!

I've got a couple of stalks booked whilst down there , so wish me luck, and I'm doing a few days fishing on my cousins rib aahhhhhh bliss

Flynny

Ay up flynn, have a good one mate! where abouts? im heading south west in nov an cant wait! winter fishing

Boll berry ??? Near kings bridge, a mile from the coast, I've never been Devon mate, so I'm looking forward to it, I've been all over the world. But you just can't beat the English coast and countryside, it's another part of the U.K. That I'm gonna explore,

Cheers Ollie, enjoy your fishing, there's nowt better than fresh line caught fish straight on the bbq on the beach

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Enjoy, setting off at 3am myself also off to Devon

Have a good in mate, the M5 is a nightmare, great minds and all that lol

Well have a gooden, time with the family is time well spent. happy hunting/fishing! report back mate

Will do , cheers Ollie, I love your Avatar lol , what a crazy film lol

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Lovely part of the country :D

I'll be down there shortly, and about a mile from where you're staying - over towards Thurlestone. Been going down there pretty much every year for 20-odd years now, and I'll be out lamping bunnies again with friends while I'm there :)

If you don't mind a walk and a scramble, Elender Cove is worth a visit - go through East Prawle and park at the car park near the coast guard station, OS ref 775355 then walk West along the coast path until you come to the cove. The Pig's Nose in East Prawle is also a good bet on your way back - good beer, good food and live music on occasions ;)

Edit: The cove you want is actually Maceley Cove, between Elender Cove and Gammon Head. My kids always said that Gammon Head looks like a sleeping dragon.

Edited by CaptainBeaky

You can't go wrong in the South Hams, only the weather can!! I have shot in the area many times, my brother still lives in Kingsbridge, some beautiful coast, lovely countryside and quaint villages to explore Hope Cove, Bantham and Bigbury are amongst many places worth a visit!

Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

You can't go wrong in the South Hams, only the weather can!! I have shot in the area many times, my brother still lives in Kingsbridge, some beautiful coast, lovely countryside and quaint villages to explore Hope Cove, Bantham and Bigbury are amongst many places worth a visit!

Have a great time!

Just got home yesterday from spending 2 weeks at hope cove, the stalks drew a blank but saw loads of muntjac, I caught loads of mackerel though,

And the shack at thurlstone was awesome for fresh seafood,

A lovely part of our fair isle, and the weather was hot and sunny for the whole 2 weeks apart from Friday when we came home

Flynny

Edited by flynny