Uncle jailed for owning death dog

roadkill

The uncle of a five-year-old girl whose dog mauled her to death has been jailed for eight weeks at Liverpool Magistrates' Court. i personally dont think justice has been done on this issue, he knew the dog was outlawed but thought he was above the law. the punishment should have been five years!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6661493.stm

Doesn't seem much does it?

No doubt if the girl killed was a minority then he would have got 20 years for hate crime.

i mean what the hell is 8 weeks for a life , at least he will have to live with it for the rest of his life if that is any justice

No doubt if the girl killed was a minority then he would have got 20 years for hate crime.

i mean what the hell is 8 weeks for a life , at least he will have to live with it for the rest of his life if that is any justice

dont know the man but he dosnt seem the type to be too fussed about that on his mind.

i'm in a simular problem at the minute, my daughter has always been around the in laws, each day infact. last year they bought a american bull dog, which is now to strong and only 10 month old. last week it had a pop at me, he hit me in the chest but i was able to keep my balance. luckily the brother in law had a cricket bat at hand, and delt with the situation.

later when i confronted the father in law i learned that the dog had already had hold of the youngest hense the bat already at hand. now i've banned the daughter from going until the dog goes, which i'm not sure they are going to do :good: . my daughter miss's going but i cant take the risk, if the dog had hold of my son like it did there's them i'm affried the dog would be no more.

dont know the man but he dosnt seem the type to be too fussed about that on his mind.

i'm in a simular problem at the minute, my daughter has always been around the in laws, each day infact. last year they bought a american bull dog, which is now to strong and only 10 month old. last week it had a pop at me, he hit me in the chest but i was able to keep my balance. luckily the brother in law had a cricket bat at hand, and delt with the situation.

later when i confronted the father in law i learned that the dog had already had hold of the youngest hense the bat already at hand. now i've banned the daughter from going until the dog goes, which i'm not sure they are going to do ;) . my daughter miss's going but i cant take the risk, if the dog had hold of my son like it did there's them i'm affried the dog would be no more.

decroyffe

if they put a mutt before the little girl do you relly want to be a part of it :good: you are doing the right thing

He was convicted of owning the dog, not the manslaughter of the girl.

His Mother is to stand trial later in the year on the Manslaughter charge.

That sentence was probably the maximum they could award for that particular offence.

I'm amazed that nobody took any action against him prior to the offence if they knew he owned such a dog, after all, he was a convicted drug trafficker.

No doubt the Old Bill were too busy prosecuting the local vicars wife for doing 34 in a 30 limit. :good:

Cat.

later when i confronted the father in law i learned that the dog had already had hold of the youngest hense the bat already at hand. now i've banned the daughter from going until the dog goes, which i'm not sure they are going to do B) . my daughter miss's going but i cant take the risk, if the dog had hold of my son like it did there's them i'm affried the dog would be no more.

decroyffe

if they put a mutt before the little girl do you relly want to be a part of it ;) you are doing the right thing

glad you think so pavman, i know that we all have feeling for our companians but theres a line that must not be crossed :good:

8 weeks. to be worn like a medal when he gets out.

what gone wrong in the uk.

He'll be out in 4 if not sooner and with a tag if the prisons are bursting or if he is a security risk (i.e. the other prisoners take offence to his presence).

No more than 4, mark my words.

You would get more for not paying your Council tax.