Good couple of hours of difficult decoying

Royboy

Managed a couple of hours today so whet to see my old mate that has a farm in Cheshire, I was going to set up on a certain field after having a watch for 30nins but he told me he'd promised he'd let a old bloke go on that field tomorrow, not a problem so set up on the next best field.

It was a difficult field to shoot because of a well used bridle path to one side, houses to the other and the farm at my back, the wind was blowing into my face so I was drawing pigeons over a barn directly behind me and then they was dropping in fast. I'd forgot to charge my flapper so just had a bouncer and a few shells,

The first pigeon was on the deck in the first 5 minutes so that was put on my bouncer and every other pigeon i shot after I swapped the shells for real pigeons but they wasn't decoying well and was very twitchy but I couldn't figure out why !

After changing my pattern a couple of times I decided to loose the bouncer and after that they committed a lot better

So goes to show sometimes basic is better !

Ended the day with 41 picked pigeons, I lost a couple in standing barley

Cheers

DC06E1EB-870A-4E22-99C5-525F76092365_zps