land has been passed

davelid

You already have the authorisation to shoot on the land from the owner, if you have a "closed" FAC the condition, "on land approved.........etc" covers you to shoot. If you tell them they could add it to your file and on renewal they will ask for a letter from the landowner. The more you do it the more letters you will need. Just go and shoot there.

How do you know it's been cleared?

It may be the case it has been used for this caliber before, but on an open ticket.

I have a farm that was not cleared and had it cleared whilst I had a .22. I was told by the FEO that they clear to the max safe calibre so as not to have to go back out. Now I have a variation for .243 so just to be safe I check with FEO if it's cleared.

They tell me it was only cleared for 220 (?) so need to do it again. This land is large, very hilly remote with minimal roads and foot paths. It would be safe to launch an RPG let alone a .243.

It may be the case it has been used for this caliber before, but on an open ticket.

I have a farm that was not cleared and had it cleared whilst I had a .22. I was told by the FEO that they clear to the max safe calibre so as not to have to go back out. Now I have a variation for .243 so just to be safe I check with FEO if it's cleared.

They tell me it was only cleared for 220 (?) so need to do it again. This land is large, very hilly remote with minimal roads and foot paths. It would be safe to launch an RPG let alone a .243.

Good luck with getting an RPG onto your licence bud :lol::lol::lol:

.220 swift - another one of the fox murdering calibres.

This idea of clearing land for one calliber is a load of **** i had this trouble with a 243 and i wanted a 308 as well. he told me it was only cleared for 243 so i said if fire a 308 it will go through the back stops and a 243 wont you need the same safety for a .22 or 357 magnum how do they manage in Kent or summerset levels the ground is flat its common sence when shooting

Edited by Rim Fire

This idea of clearing land for one calliber is a load of **** i had this trouble with a 243 and i wanted a 308 as well. he told me it was only cleared for 243 so i said if fire a 308 it will go through the back stops and a 243 wont you need the same safety for a .22 or 357 magnum how do they manage in Kent or summerset levels the ground is flat its common sence when shooting

+1

Exactly but try having that discussion with my local team and its a waste of time. Also they don't know the extent of the land. Often looking at just the main farm without counting the extra lands bought in. I have totally flat land cleared for 308 and and hilly land cleared for 220, how does that work?

+1

Exactly but try having that discussion with my local team and its a waste of time. Also they don't know the extent of the land. Often looking at just the main farm without counting the extra lands bought in. I have totally flat land cleared for 308 and and hilly land cleared for 220, how does that work?

HAha its a joke the land they didnt pass makes no diffrence i got an open ticket so i go on it anyway

Edited by Rim Fire

HAha its a joke the land they didnt pass makes no diffrence i got an open ticket so i go on it anyway

+1. I am so glad I have an open licence as well so I avoid the stupid discussions with the FEO. The fact is it is the shooter not the calibre that is of fundamental importance, make a mistake with any calibre and the consequences are potentially unthinkable.