Miroku MK70.

JDog

Ridiculously I sold my Miroku 6000 SP in the spring and although I am getting on reasonably well with the semi auto I do need an under and over.

On Gun Watch I can see a number of the 6000 model for sale but I am tempted by the MK70 I have seen in the local gun shop.

Does anyone have any experience of these guns.

Edited by JDog

The MK 70 'Sporter' can be quite a bit heavier than the 'Game/Field' model and the MK38 will be heavier again. The weight will be affected by the barrel length too. I have a friend who bought the Browning 525 Sporter and is now regretting it, he is finding it too heavy. He now has to chop it in for a Field model, when he can find one. Apart from the multi chokes, the MK70 should handle pretty much the same as your 6000, perhaps being a touch 'nose' heavier.

Got an MK70 grade 6, 30" barrels with Invector+ chokes and use it for everything apart from ***** wildfowling conditions. The fit suits me but it does tend to be on the heavy side for a full day's carting about on game shoots. I've often done 150+ clay days with it and it's been fine for that but does have a Kick-Eeze butt pad. Only other guns I'm recently tempted by are some sort of sidelock sxs, and/or possibly a B525 lightweight game with shorter barrels.

Try one out and if the fit suits you I'm sure you'll love it, lot's of bang for bucks. What's the spec on the one you've seen?

Cheers,

Mick