Bought nylon shooting accessories from the US, now Police want to talk

blackfriar

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, when was the last time a terrorist attack took place in the UK by someone dressed up as rambo. ?

The rambos, Walts and Cowboys have always been part of the shooting scene. Back in the days of pistol shooting some of the dressing up was just tragic but the point is they were just Saddos, harmless but living in a world of their own.

At that time I ran a very big pistol club, we filtered out a lot of the wannabe's but not because I thought they were dangerous. I just had the bar raised quite high to protect the club. We could afford to keep it exclusive. A lot of clubs didn't have that luxury, they had bills to pay.

I can tell you more or less always the Rambos are safe

I see them now with what another poster called 'black rifles' in my club. I feel like saying to them "you paid a grand for this?"

Edited by Vince Green

The rambos, Walts and Cowboys have always been part of the shooting scene. Back in the days of pistol shooting some of the dressing up was just tragic but the point is they were just Saddos, harmless but living in a world of their own.

At that time I ran a very big pistol club, we filtered out a lot of the wannabe's but not because I thought they were dangerous. I just had the bar raised quite high to protect the club. We could afford to keep it exclusive. A lot of clubs didn't have that luxury, they had bills to pay.

I can tell you more or less always the Rambos are safe

I see them now with what another poster called 'black rifles' in my club. I feel like saying to them "you paid a grand for this?"

I think things have changed, they shoot pistol here and you wouldn't get on the range dressed as Rambo. You are right the main terrorist threat in the UK is islamist terroris who like to stay under the radar and not draw attention to themselves, so i doint think they will be running around dressed as Rambo. The police and customs should be concentrating on items that could be usefull to terrorists. As for some on the forum its the same old story if you doint shoot what i shoot and dress the way i do then there is something wrong with you.

Edited by ordnance

I'd imagine ordering anything from that site would attract attention from the authorities. All the testimonials are from "Navy Seals." :lol: I'm pretty sure special forces would be issued with decent kit anyway without the Walts having to order their own.

Just because it's decent doesn't mean the individuals like it or it has proven to be reliable in the field. Back in the day ordering Gucci kit from parts foreign and various, was S.O.P in my outfit. Some joker once quipped that you could identify us because no two guys had the same kit. The practice even extended to the weapon sight systems we mounted.

Just because it's decent doesn't mean the individuals like it or it has proven to be reliable in the field. Back in the day ordering Gucci kit from parts foreign and various, was S.O.P in my outfit. Some joker once quipped that you could identify us because no two guys had the same kit. The practice even extended to the weapon sight systems we mounted.

What unit were you with if you don't mind my asking, as far as I'm aware it's only sf guys who can carry there own kit, especially sighting systems etc.

What unit were you with if you don't mind my asking, as far as I'm aware it's only sf guys who can carry there own kit, especially sighting systems etc.

Shows you never can tell how many sf guys there are around. :ninja: But they don't like to talk about it. :)

Edited by walshie

No not at all. Some units were more interested in combat efficiency than tick tock parades or trying to get the standard issue rubbish to work. Everyone supplied their own Bergan or day sack, most supplied their own webbing/ammo pouches etc. German army boot knives were favoured over pretty much any other offering for NI and kukris for jungle jaunts. Clothing used on ops was never standard issue since it was generally rubbish. It mattered not since we never wore insignia unless making up numbers at an incident etc. I even supplied my own body armour since the issue kit was a bit deficient in the armour piecing protection department. We tested the packs supplied for such purposes on the NDA range. It stopped everything, including the black tip. There was some very thoughtful expressions evident after that. However body armour was never worn out in the cuds, only on the streets. Some civvie optic offering were/are way better than the issued rubbish and we would use it. The favoured weapons were not standard issue either. Some carried their own pistols on occasion too.

I could go on at length on what really went on but I won't. What you must remember is that there were units within units and they were pretty much autonomous from the rest of the battalion. Their tasking and focus was more surgical and theatre wide than standard.

For the avoidance of doubt I have never been in the SAS or SBS.

Atb

Edited by achosenman