Perazzi

MrDaveO84

Morning all,

Does anyone know if you can have a perazzi converted to autosafe? Specifically mx5 and mx12 models. I'm looking at a couple of these I love the way they feel but must confess I know very little about them. Any hints and tips when looking or recommended models? I have around 4K to spend

Cheers

I would be sure it is possible.personally would'nt be bothered either way as certainly for clay shooting find auto safe a bit of a pain and prefer non auto safe setting...and as I am sure you are the same a safety catch has little to do with gun safety anyway....if you need a proper answer/quote ring Chris Potters as they do a lot with Perazzi.

Buy it but don’t convert it straight away. Im guessing that once you are use to it you will never buy a gun with ‘auto safe’ again. ‘Auto safe’ right up the with illuminate reticules in my book, pointless optional extra designed purely for the sake of it.

It makes me laugh at all the people who only want shotguns with a ‘Auto Safety’ yet noone ever mentions it when it comes to rifles.

Little rant over, Perazzi’s are one of, if not the best, modern shotguns, you will not be disappointed.

I shoot an L grade MX12 like the one mentioned above. Its fitted with auto safe and I wouldn't be without it. Once used to it,it becomes second nature when shooting clays. I can't imagine how when game/pigeon shooting you can forget its on? That implies if you had a manual safety you wouldn't have used it and been happily standing there with no safety on?!!

Auto safes are also beneficial when double gunning as it avoids any confusion with the loader regarding who applies the safety.

In reply to the OP, Perazzi's can be retro fitted with auto safety's but its a fiddly job and I'm told quite expensive. If you had two identical game spec MX12's the one with auto safe would be worth more. (Certainly Bywell pay more when buying part exchanges). They're all different but I can't imagine there's many manual Perazzi game guns out there.

WR

That implies if you had a manual safety you wouldn't have used it and been happily standing there with no safety on ?!

WR

With the exception of an AYA I own, none of my guns have auto safe, including my Perazzi.

I never apply the safeties on any of them at any time, and am struggling to imagine a scenario or situation which would require me to do so!

With the exception of an AYA I own, none of my guns have auto safe, including my Perazzi.

I never apply the safeties on any of them at any time, and am struggling to imagine a scenario or situation which would require me to do so!

So when rough shooting you walk over rough ground possibly with guns either side of you with no safety catch on?! Hmm..Interesting!

Safety's are obviously redundant when shooting clays which is why auto safety's aren't fitted to sporters. They're designed for use on game guns.

WR

So when rough shooting you walk over rough ground possibly with guns either side of you with no safety catch on?! Hmm..Interesting.

WR

No, not interesting at all really. When rough shooting ( which we do a lot of ) we walk with guns either side with broken guns. It's not rocket science.