People just not saying NO!!!!!!

ph5172

After evetually unlocking my user name (dont ask changes password with caps lock on!!) i think it is about time someone broached the subject of selling in the forums.

Is it me or do you spend ages typing replies to questions, emailing pictures measuring this and that, just to be waiting for a reply that never happens.

I mean i dont mind doing all those things as it is me who is trying to sell the item but for someone not just to reply and say 'thanks but im not interested' is just plain rude.

A short while ago i advertised a gun and recieved loads of replies , sent loads of pics and only 2 people said thanks but no. and one of these restores old guns so i ended up giving him one of my shotguns gratis for him to work on.

So to end the rant if someone spends ages running around measuring and taking pics the least you can do is have the common courtesy to say no.

i know a majorty of people this will not apply to but if the cap fits?..........

Its something that annoys me intensely too... not that I use this section of the forum much, but if people are not interested why do they bother to reply.... especially the " thats a great gun Id have it if I had the money" brigade or the "shame Ive just bought the dogs dodass nutter turbo version or I would have had it "

I think the buy or sell section should be re-structured with simple adds accompanied by a photo and leave it for potential purchasers to make contact by PM. The seller should also regularly update as, when and if the item is sold. It will cut out all the pointless and inane drivel!

Thats my monthly moan out of the way. Off fishing for a couple of hours. :/

Cheers all.

FM

Its something that annoys me intensely too... not that I use this section of the forum much, but if people are not interested why do they bother to reply.... especially the " thats a great gun Id have it if I had the money" brigade or the "shame Ive just bought the dogs dodass nutter turbo version or I would have had it "

I think the buy or sell section should be re-structured with simple adds accompanied by a photo and leave it for potential purchasers to make contact by PM. The seller should also regularly update as, when and if the item is sold. It will cut out all the pointless and inane drivel!

Thats my monthly moan out of the way. Off fishing for a couple of hours. :)

Cheers all.

FM

:/:/:lol::lol:

It's easier if when people sell they put all the relevant info up in one hit including pictures - that way all the cards are on the table and sellers don't have to do bespoke emails to what are run of the mill enquiries.

I confess to have not responded to some sales responses to enquiry only because a "I am not interested" is often followed up with a "why are you not interested" and the old saying is "a refusal often offends".

After evetually unlocking my user name (dont ask changes password with caps lock on!!) i think it is about time someone broached the subject of selling in the forums.

Is it me or do you spend ages typing replies to questions, emailing pictures measuring this and that, just to be waiting for a reply that never happens.

I mean i dont mind doing all those things as it is me who is trying to sell the item but for someone not just to reply and say 'thanks but im not interested' is just plain rude.

A short while ago i advertised a gun and recieved loads of replies , sent loads of pics and only 2 people said thanks but no. and one of these restores old guns so i ended up giving him one of my shotguns gratis for him to work on.

So to end the rant if someone spends ages running around measuring and taking pics the least you can do is have the common courtesy to say no.

i know a majorty of people this will not apply to but if the cap fits?..........

So are you selling your kidneys or NOT :/

• 3 weeks later...

All well and good but but answering a question on the open forum you only have to do it once and everyone can see what you have said, if done by pm,s only you will have to repeat yourself god knows how many times. And how do you know if the item is sold or not ? I dont think this has been though out very well at all but just done on a whim.

auto culture,

You still have the option of editing your post so you can add information that is missing, such as the calibre, make, model etc. You can also edit it to say Now Sold

I am new to the Moderating team but I do know that this problem is being worked on at presant and other options are being considered and looked at. I am sure you will see further changes in the near future :lol:

NTTF