Cost of having a new stock made (shotgun)

Sussex gardener

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a Rizzini from W Hortons and having it made to measure, a service they do at no extra cost.

Before I do, I'm toying with the idea of buying a quality second hand gun and having a stock made to fit. Something like a merkel or a browning b25 with a straight hand and having a pow made for it. Straight hand guns seem to be a lot cheaper.

I don't have my measurements but I'm long and thin so need a fair bit of drop and about 15 inches of lop. Can anyone advise me in rough terms what a stock would cost, in a reasonable slab of walnut.

Many thanks and I appreciate that this is a how long is a piece of string thread!

As Gordon say. ( just beat me to it ) your looking around 2k. That's just for stock not forend as well.

To give a proper example. Denis Stepney will put a custom made grade five stock on my dt11 for 2.5 k

Edited by stevo

As Gordon say. ( just beat me to it ) your looking around 2k. That's just for stock not forend as well.

To give a proper example. Denis Stepney will put a custom made grade five stock on my dt11 for 2.5 k

Was watching Dennis last week while he was doing some particularly fine checkering on a stock he was making - all free hand work, incredible.

Was watching Dennis last week while he was doing some particularly fine checkering on a stock he was making - all free hand work, incredible.

The man is truly gifted.

And a very down to earth gentleman.

The list of people he has made stocks for is truly impressive

Sadly. It's cheaper to fly out with your gun to Portugal than have a stock made in the UK.

:(

A mate of mine has just come back from Portugal after having his stock made for his mk 38. It cost him 1500 eruos and buy the time he paid flights. Accommodation. Food ect ect also for the shooting to see if it right. There was nothing in it. And now to top it off a month down the line he has to go back to have it altered.

There is nothing to be saved these days in real terms