Boxing Fans.

ordnance

I have had to revise my opinion of Frampton - I thought he was good, but not that good. I take him to win the rematch.

Any thoughts on Khan v Brook happening? Apparently Amir - whilst taking a break from filming - has asked for a 70 / 30 split, as he is the bigger draw. In some respects, he is correct - a fair number of people will watch just to see his glass jaw in action. I don't think he has many more big fights in him.

I think he is just trying to avoid the fight, whilst loudly proclaiming he is up for it.

Edited by Gordon R

I have had to revise my opinion of Frampton - I thought he was good, but not that good. I take him to win the rematch.

Any thoughts on Khan v Brook happening? Apparently Amir - whilst taking a break from filming - has asked for a 70 / 30 split, as he is the bigger draw. In some respects, he is correct - a fair number of people will watch just to see his glass jaw in action. I don't think he has many more big fights in him.

I think he is just trying to avoid the fight, whilst loudly proclaiming he is up for it.

I don't get why Khan is a big draw.

He keeps prattling on about the big names he has fought, whilst omitting Michael Gomez and Willie Lymond who dropped him. Breidis Prescott, Danny Garcia, Lamont Peterson, Saul Alvarez - all erased from his memory and ego.

I don't recall him demanding rematches. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Cant see Khan Brook happening this year with what Khan is saying although its maybe just to hype it a wee bit.He is having family troubles lately and his sex tape exposure hasnt gone down well with the missus so if there was a divorce he could end up needing the fight for the funds.

Dont agree hes worthy of the 70/30 split but he is the bigger name for sure.Take GGG out of Brooks list and his resume reads pretty standard compared to Khans even though some have led to defeats.

IMO,what ever fights Khan has left will be purely for financial reasons.

I had Santa Cruz for the first fight but also said it wouldnt be a surprise if Frampton beat him. I also said Frampton would need to do his work early as he has a tendency to tire later in the fight.I appreciate the fact that people score fights differently and I have already made my feelings clear about the first fight so will leave it at that.

I'm going for a Santa-Cruz win in this rematch. I expect Cruz to approach this fight differently. I think he will use his reach to his advantage this time around and box more on the outside. Frampton is a powerful puncher at this weight and he says he is gonna knock Cruz out this time. Know doubt about he has power in his left hooks and right uppercuts and will want this fight in the 'Pocket'. But I think Santa Cruz is gonna use his reach and hand speed to avoid this. Cruz is no shrinking violet himself and is well able to mix it up in the 'pocket' aswell. Frampton can hurt Cruz but I think he is gonna find it hard to get near him and Cruz is going to box him at range and with clean shots.

To summerize I think Santa Cruz will win in decisive fashion but it will not bother me if i'm wrong and I'l give Frampton the dues he deserves if he wins it.

Other Boxing- There has been some dodgy decisions at the back end of last year and the start of this one. How BJ Saunders is still in possession of the WBO belt is just beyond me. I feel 'Badou Jack' (What a great name for a boxer) was hard done by against Degale.I and many others thought he done enough to get the win. It was a great fight and Jack surprised a lot of people with his performance and it was far from the one-sided fight many thought it would be. thats another rematch i'd like to see happening.

And of Course many were not happy with the Ward v Kovalev decision and Andre ward is not covering himself in any glory with talk of retirement and not giving Sergey a rematch which he totally deserves. I feel as a fan of Andre Ward that it will taint his career achievements if he fails to do so.

Anyway roll on Saturday night/Sunday Morning. She is wanting to out on Saturday night which will mean I'd miss the fight. Time to pull a sickie me thinks

Edited by SuperGoose75

Frampton again for me

As for Khan he's in a fair bit of trouble with the family over his sex tape..can't see the fight with brook happening ever to be honest..like Sako says he needs a few cash fights..

Let's not forget Eubank jnr on ITV pay per view..massive waste of time that kid as long as he stays with his dad managing/distorting his career

Blow to Lee Selby with Barros not passing the medical so the fight is off.

Good chance Selby and Frampton would be getting in the ring together for a fight later this year but not sure if it will happen so soon as presuming Selby would still want a tune up first

Hope they do get it on though as should be a top gig.

No one can argue with that decision bar the judge who scored it a draw.

Never listened to as much biased **** in my life from The commentators and especially by Haye.

Best man won. Hats off to Frampton for giving Cruz his dues.

Two warriors and I was on the edge of the sofa and couldn't take my eyes off and enthralling fight.

Top gig again and LSC showed his class by adapting after the loss by using his strengths in height and reach and not getting too carried away by going full war.

Impressed with Frampton,especially the reaction to the loss and this fight went the way i thought the first would have and would take LSC to take the 3rd in similar fashion although hes been in a few wars through the years.

Thought Shane McGuigans corner work was pretty dire though and dont rate him at all.

Edited by sako751sg