Sporting shooter 12 months for £12

R6demon

Follow up post, don't waste your money guys. It is the most poorly written magazine I have ever had the misfortune of reading!

The cover promises decoying over winter rape with the crow man. The article rambles on about how he didn't see many pigeons and how a free breakfast made him late. He threw out some enforcer decoys and shot 150 birds. That's it?? Seriously? Where is the technique, tips even a bit of detail? The rest of the articles are the same. Inane drivel full of opinion and lacking facts. I'm new to shooting and was really looking forward to this. I am sorry for advertising this offer :( gutted.

Mine arrived on Friday, I cancelled the Direct Debit today.

As already said theres not a great deal in the magazine, more about Dogs than anything else.

Somebody cooked a Pheasant, and a photo of a grinning 10 year old holding some dead birds.

I've never understood why magazines do that. New blood coming through ?

Evertime I buy a shooting mag I swear it'll be the last, but I've done it for years!

I used to buy sports mags quite frequently as I enjoy catching up with other parts of the sport and reading technical equipment reviews and picking up tips. One of the front page articles advertised 'improve your shooting with our new tutorial' the article was two pages long and was simply a biography of the writer. Not a single tip!!

I will be cancelling the DD today. Very frustrated

I've been getting this mag for years as a gift of my wife every Christmas, one thing I have noticed is when it drops through the door it's been on the shelves on high street shops for a week or more so you get it late. I now only flick through and rarely read the recycled articles.

Reminds me I must cancel it. As I get other mags like the BASC and cpsa offerings.

. One of the front page articles advertised 'improve your shooting with our new tutorial' the article was two pages long and was simply a biography of the writer.

Haha I noticed that and felt a bit robbed but I think it was just setting him up for a series of forth coming tutorials, at a quid an issue though I'll stick with it