Can you update me on the pigeons?

Well i havent been out for a while (got to be about best part of a month id say) :lol: i know shame on me!

However and im sure that you all know, that when you havent been out for a while and the land youve got available to you with so much diversity!

Today ive been out this mornin and set up on a field of peas which are pretty well up now and a field of chickweed and grass behind me, i pulled up abit late this mornin about 8ish maybe 8:30, and when i had got down i must have walked off about 20, and then hadnt seen em again (im taking they had just finished their feed).

BUT as we do! i stook it out and ended up with 3 blackies for 4 shots.

So the main reason why i am here is im just wondering whats happening in the areas around you like what are they going on and time wise?

Thanks for your time :good:

They seem to be feeding little and often in my area and changing fields in between.

We have peas, some drilling, clover, rape and setaside.

The birds are flitting from field to field, but first thing in the morning and early evening, seem to be the main feeding times.

Its a time of short shooting sessions.

And you are getting? birds? for? shots?

I see them all over. Loads in trees I can't shoot. On little village greens I can't ask about shooting. On fields with cattle and too close to roads :good:

That said, I have not seen any great numbers

Thanks for the replies :yes:

Im gonna have to go out and give em a go. Both out at first light then 12:30 and then later on in the evening, i might as well stick it out for the day either drive around or set up and see what the situation is around me.

As to pin: I went out yesterday mornin and had no joy with the woodies at all when i drove up to the peas (which must be about a foot tall now) there was at maximum 20 getting up and that was about 8 - 8:30 ish.

I saw em in and around the area but the wernt going kamakazi at the peas nor the chickweed, however i took 3 blackies for 4 shots so at least i know my eye is still in.

However i been out for a drive this mornin and saw em on the fresh cut grass (silage) but nothing in great numbers.

Trust me if i could shoot out the back of my house i would be in! they are always around my area in the trees on the grass and just sitting there!!! :/ but i dont think the neighbours would take too kkindly to a 12 bore going off :lol:

Thanks for the replies :yes:

Im gonna have to go out and give em a go. Both out at first light then 12:30 and then later on in the evening, i might as well stick it out for the day either drive around or set up and see what the situation is around me.

As to pin: I went out yesterday mornin and had no joy with the woodies at all when i drove up to the peas (which must be about a foot tall now) there was at maximum 20 getting up and that was about 8 - 8:30 ish.

I saw em in and around the area but the wernt going kamakazi at the peas nor the chickweed, however i took 3 blackies for 4 shots so at least i know my eye is still in.

However i been out for a drive this mornin and saw em on the fresh cut grass (silage) but nothing in great numbers.

Trust me if i could shoot out the back of my house i would be in! they are always around my area in the trees on the grass and just sitting there!!! :/ but i dont think the neighbours would take too kkindly to a 12 bore going off :lol:

i dont know if this would help but i hardley ever look for them on the ground watch for birds in the air and try to pick out a prominent flightline seems to work for me

And you are getting? birds? for? shots?

I see them all over. Loads in trees I can't shoot. On little village greens I can't ask about shooting. On fields with cattle and too close to roads :D

That said, I have not seen any great numbers

This is the same for me down ere in the deepest devon. pigeons all around but none to shoot :good: