Help a newcomer - Caesar Guerini Summit

duke748

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The CG Summit appeals because of the lack of eye dominance and the raised rib.

Was thinking it may help with focus?

Had some good news today - FEO said he'd be around Thursday ( I only applied a few weeks ago ) - Sussex Police have been nothing but efficient in all my dealings so far.

Like many, I'm left eye dominant and shoot from the right shoulder. I keep my eyes open and dim my left eye when mounting the gun, and many, many shooters do that. The size/position of the rib doesn't really come into play, as you *don't watch the gun*

In fact, a lot of time if I shoot quickly (skeet for example) I realize I hadn't fully closed the left eye and I see the sides of the barrels, but I still break the bird as was pointing the gun where it should, instead of watching it...

make sure the gun fits - if it doesn't forget it - otherwise you could spend a fortune trying to make it fit

Heh - At the mercy of whatever gunshop i go to here, as I really can't tell what fits being a beginner. That's why i was thinking the CG summit ascent as it seems pretty adjustable.

Twiddling my thumbs now waiting for the licence so just need to get my **** in gear and test some out

Heh - At the mercy of whatever gunshop i go to here, as I really can't tell what fits being a beginner. That's why i was thinking the CG summit ascent as it seems pretty adjustable.

Twiddling my thumbs now waiting for the licence so just need to get my **** in gear and test some out

no need to be - a decent instructor should make you fully aware of what gun fit means - google gun fit or shotgun gun fit to see whats involved - no need to spend a fortune - open a new topic on gun fit here - plenty of knowledgeable members

I thought that I would throw in my opinion and experience for what it's worth.

I have been shooting for just over a year, and when my sgc came through in August I rushed out with my limited funds and purchased a Lanber sporter with 28" barrels in very nice condition. I was initially pleased with it and put down a lot of misses to my inexperience, which to be fair would of accounted for a Lot!

I then, through pigeon watch, met two guys local to me that invited me to join them at willow farm. I shot ok, perhaps in low 20's but wasn't to disappointed. We started going clay shooting fairly regularly and when I used one of their guns, a B725 sporting, my scores improved so I looked at what was different. Aside from it being of superior build quality, the stock was a longer. The length of pull being 15" vs. My 14.5" so I patterned my gun to see what was effected, my center pattern was falling about 18" high of my bead,so I added a leather stock adjuster. Bingo, much more where I wanted it!

So I started to look at a replacement gun, as the stock jonny was less than ideal. My start point was the 725, and I looked at a couple and felt sure that when funds allowed I would get one. Then I started reading gun magazines, looking at Rizzini for a custom stock out of the box, Chapuis the same, but all very pricey for me. Then almost by accident I looked at a ceaser and I fell instantly in love, it came up like my friends 725, only it was a little more slender in the forend which suited my little hands nicely. Almost by coincidence, I was told that I had inherited a small legacy and my opportunity came, however I was still very apprehensive as I've never had this amount to spend on a single item, just for myself, so I searched ceaser on PW. I was really impressed with the good stuff people had to say about Anglo Italian arms Ltd. So I gave them a call...

I have seldom had such an in depth, positive and under pushy chat in my life. I was offered a visit to their depot to choose my gun, and because that wasn't possible, they photographed and emailed me photos of of the stocks so that I could choose my preferred highly figured walnut. It was with my RFD the following day, and I picked it up yesterday. I am over the moon with my purchase, the standard of service, the quality of the gun and the accessories that come with it. I used it today at Normanhurst on a 50 clay sporting and shot better than ever, those that I missed were entirely me getting used to the crisp light trigger. It looked like a million dollars on the rack beside some pricey beretta and brownings, including a grade 5 725. I cannot tell you how happy I am with my purchase, it's simply incredible.

I went for the Maxum sporter 32" and will cherish it always.

Edited by Sussex gardener

I think that sentence sums up that whole backstory. Sounds like it will give you a smile for a long time to come, and that's something that's not normally easily bought.

I read a lot of people criticising the low resale values of CG as the only real negative. If your going to start off your new purchase by assessing what it'll be worth in 6 months when your attention wonders to something else, you are surely not purchasing the right gun in the first place in my humble opinion.

Sussex Gardiner get some pics up of your new gun for us all to drool over. The op might like to see it as his possible first gun.

This is the image sent to me by Anglo Italian arms for me to choose my woodwork, which would you choose?

I went for second on the left

The photo really doesn't do the gun justice

post-78249-0-06510100-1489424519_thumb.jpg

I read a lot of people criticising the low resale values of CG as the only real negative. If your going to start off your new purchase by assessing what it'll be worth in 6 months when your attention wonders to something else, you are surely not purchasing the right gun in the first place in my humble opinion.

That's all the fun of forums.

Read too much into anything and you wouldn't buy a bean.

One of my picks is the browning B725 black edition - A few owners have reported rusting - You half expect something like this afterwards ;)

Rusty-gun.jpg

Guest stevo

This is the image sent to me by Anglo Italian arms for me to choose my woodwork, which would you choose?

I went for second on the left

The photo really doesn't do the gun justice

For me last one on the right. Straight grain for me every time.

Here's mine. Lucky I was able to go and choose in person, these are really great guys. In fact I'm getting a beavertail forend for it, and they asked me to send pics of the wood of my gun to make sure they get one that matches as close as possible.

_1010227.jpg

Here's mine. Lucky I was able to go and choose in person, these are really great guys. In fact I'm getting a beavertail forend for it, and they asked me to send pics of the wood of my gun to make sure they get one that matches as close as possible.

_1010227.jpg

Gorgeous, Neil and Daryl said they were impressed with your Ceaser

Nice video. Ouch my neck is hurting :-)

Ah, you must have seen Neil's game gun then? Still pondering getting one just like that, it's gorgeous isn't it? Yours looks fantastic too, good choice!

Be careful with your new gun when putting back the forend. It's easy to mark the wood by putting the forend in the 'wrong place'/wrong angle. I know I did, luckily no marks but I've seen other guns (not just SG's, berettas too that have the same setup) with the same marks.

Also, the back bored bores can be a BEEP to clean, I use a 20 bore brush mounted on a rod that I fit in my electric screw driver, and wrap a piece of that 'green' kitchen scrubber around it. That and some bore cleaner liquid gives me clean bores. Feel free to message me if you want more details!

Otherwise I put roughly 1000 carts/month into it since august, and I've had zero issue, really completely changed my shooting. It's superbly balanced, handles recoil really well too. I've shot 500 clays with it last friday alone in 3 runs, and I wasn't even feeling particularly tired by the end of it. Took some cleaning tho (of the shooter too!) ;-)

Nice video. Ouch my neck is hurting :-)

Ah, you must have seen Neil's game gun then? Still pondering getting one just like that, it's gorgeous isn't it? )

His is a lovely gun and I would like to see one in a sub gauge, I'm very tempted by 28g as a game gun, although funds would only stretch to a Tempio. I don't know if a gun with a naked lady engraved on it would be too much of a distraction for me