Warning! Extremely graphic

pin

Well spotted, zero'd at 100yds so I forgot to hold under - extremely glad it was a watermelon I flushed out of cover :lol:

Oh it was manky the melon which is why I shot it, afraid that went to the birds :blink:

More planned, not always as comparisons but because there's loads to video :blink:

Squirrel shooting bonanza on the way, couple of field craft instructional ones (rabbit and pigeon field dressing) and some other stuff :blink:

Be good to get one together one day, comparing a load of different rounds against the same target at the same range.

.17hmr right though to 30-06 and whatever else some of you nutters have :lol:

Looked like no mud splash on the slow motion, be interesting to know for sure - maybe the angle hid that ?

Also a .17 hmr hollow point would be good to see for damage / penetration - I'll contribute to the research, where do I send the melon :lol:

When you say you forgot to hold under do you mean that even though you zeroed at 100yards you still aimed the crosshairs bang on the watermelon at around 20odd yards and it still hit it more or less bang on??

I'm only asking as I am very interested in getting a HMR when I apply for my FAC next month :lol:

Mud splash?

Yeah I intend doing a few different rounds to see how they compare :blink: I bet the HP's go through it.

When you say you forgot to hold under do you mean that even though you zeroed at 100yards you still aimed the crosshairs bang on the watermelon at around 20odd yards and it still hit it more or less bang on??

I'm only asking as I am very interested in getting a HMR when I apply for my FAC next month :lol:

If I am honest I wasn't really bothered where it hit exactly, it was from standing I shot it.

I also didn't explain it that well, I held under, but too much and hit it quite low is what I meant to say, but I think in my rush to post I actually said it hit low because of where it was zero'd - which obviously means it would have hit high!

It shoots just less than 1/2" high at 30yds when zero'd for 100yds - if that helps you. Very very flat shooting round.

If I am honest I wasn't really bothered where it hit exactly, it was from standing I shot it.

I also didn't explain it that well, I held under, but too much and hit it quite low is what I meant to say, but I think in my rush to post I actually said it hit low because of where it was zero'd - which obviously means it would have hit high!

It shoots just less than 1/2" high at 30yds when zero'd for 100yds - if that helps you. Very very flat shooting round.

Thats crazy!! I knew it had a very flat trajectory but just over half inch high at 30 yards when zeroed for 100 is mad. I really hope I get my FAC and they allow me to put a HMR on my ticket!! :blink: Cheers Pin.

Shoots half inch low at 30 yards pin you aim 1/2" high to be bang on :lol:

crosses poi at 43yards and back on at 100 and rises approx .49 of an inch in between at aroun 68ish yards

From point blank to 125yards its basically point and shoot and you'll kill anything rabbit head sized

I knew I shouldn't have posted this, I don't even have melon on my ticket for the .17 never mind permission - I just didn't think :stupid:

Oh my. I got in a bit of trouble for shooting apples out of season. The farmer didn't mind because, like he said "Apples are pests all year round."