Magazine ID please.

Norrie

Hiya, a mate has given up shooting, and among some of the stuff, their are these two ( which I assume to be .22RF ) mags...one is a 10 shot and the other a 15 shot...now, most of his gear is "old school" so, I assume these are too.

Going by the lips, they look to be from different rifle makes...BUT, both the bases look exactly the same...

Any help would be much appreciated. I've spent many an hour searching the t'internet, but cant see anything.

BTW, both are stamped AUT on the base...no other markings at all.

20170502_172228_zpsxv5qqo2p.jpg

20170502_172248_zps6ifzrgm1.jpg

20170502_172323_zpsgt4zesna.jpg

20170502_172346_zpssm41oryc.jpg

Edited by Norrie

Could be from an old Erma. I had one once, years ago, and I'm sure the mag was similar.

Just a question if you don't know what ammo it is I take it you don't hold a ticket to be in possession of it. Just a thought think this is right.

He's on about the mag, not the ammo.

Just a question if you don't know what ammo it is I take it you don't hold a ticket to be in possession of it. Just a thought think this is right.

What makes you think he is "in possession of it"? His mate may have sent him the photographs, or he may have taken the photographs at said mate's house.

Oh, and check his list of firearms held. I reckon he'll know what a .22 rimfire cartridge looks like....

Having, or taking, a photograph doesn't equate to possession. If it did I'd take up photographing supermodels or supercars or large shooting estates. In fact, forget the supermodels. I'll stick with the cars and the estates!

LOL...The rounds in the mags are .22 RF...and are MINE..HV's to be precise......which I have the relevant tickets to hold...they fit perfectly well into the mags....which makes me "think" they are 22 rf mags...unless someone knows better... :)

I have the mags in my possession...and thought I'd try 22 RF's in them...

Thanks for the "backup" guys...much appreciated... :)

Could be from an old Erma. I had one once, years ago, and I'm sure the mag was similar.

He's on about the mag, not the ammo.

Aha, an Erma.....? Never heard of it, but WILL go look for it on google...nice one, will report back.

I do assume they are old mags, as I have a Krico here too, takes three different types of 22 round... :) quite a nice bit of kit too... :)

I also "inherited" a couple of old air rifles, and a Webley pistol....

Thanks again.

Edited by Norrie

• 2 weeks later...