Easy Renewal Kent (touch wood)

I sent off my renewal about 2 weeks before it expired in April. Exactly a week after I sent off forms I received a temp certificate so this would of been end of march.

After sending it off I realised I didn't sign the photo so I emailed them and they said they would sort it when they come and visit as I'm at a new address.

A couple of nights ago I got a call at about 8:30pm from the FO which took me by surprise and he said that my new one will be on its way soon and asked me a few questions about new flat I'm in. I said don't you need to see come and see cabinet and he said we haven't got the resources and I'd like to think we can trust you, plus you've got that magic name as a referee. I've got an ex copper who was well known as mine.

I told him security of my Block and how I fitted cabinet and that was it.

Couldn't quite believe it and a real nice chap. Very happy.

I know that Kent police have received a lot of criticism regarding renewals, which I think emanated from the previous anti gun PCC with the initials AB, but I genuinely believe that the current PCC has made definite inroads to improve the situation.

My FEO has always been most helpful and honest about the previous backlog and I have always received good and prompt ( i.e. returning calls and emails etc.) service from Kent Police at Maidstone.

OB

sent my renewal off in February.

had a temporary issued two weeks ago as due to expire on 05/06

had a phone call on Friday to do a telephone renewal and was told should receive new licence in a few days.

it's taken a while but seems it will be renewed within a couple of days of expiry which is not bad. whenever I have emailed them I have always received a prompt reply

it seems they are trying to get things sorted

One of the son in laws lives in East Sussex and they were turning certs round in a few weeks. variations might have been a week. Kent were getting up towards 6 months minimum up towards a year. My clubs certificate took nearly a year. The club chairman got on to them and they had no understanding at all. Just poor. Someone should have been held to account. Someone should have stepped in and sorted this situation out a long time ago. But it is all cloaked in officialdom.

One of the son in laws lives in East Sussex and they were turning certs round in a few weeks. variations might have been a week. Kent were getting up towards 6 months minimum up towards a year. My clubs certificate took nearly a year. The club chairman got on to them and they had no understanding at all. Just poor. Someone should have been held to account. Someone should have stepped in and sorted this situation out a long time ago. But it is all cloaked in officialdom.

My understanding was that the previous incumbent PCC (AB) was particularly anti-gun and purposely slowed up the process, or at least did nothing whatsoever to improve the backlog.

The current PCC has definitely improved things over the last few months, so credit where it's due.

OB