Any Mackerel

Davyo

Really annoys me to see ****heads catch 100's of fish then dump them, gives all the decent anglers a bad name.

On my new pier (Seaham angling club) we don't get the numpties as it's members only with 24hr security in the harbour and members keys to the gate.Once I've got my freezer full (food and winter bait) Iike nothing better than just a spinning rod and a selection of spinners.Catch my tea,supper or tomorrow's lunch then I'm off.

Mate has a cafe (The Lookout) that looks over the pier,bacon butty and a coffee £3.

post-30855-0-48057000-1501436979_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-42695400-1501438466_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

Well did two days fishing, water is all stirred up and we got nothing from bottom fishing out at 100yrds. I got two Bass at around 20-30 yrds out, but both young abd straight back in the big pond. One pouting out of lyme regis harbour, no other rods caught.. Very nice few days but disappointing catch.

Well did two days fishing, water is all stirred up and we got nothing from bottom fishing out at 100yrds. I got two Bass at around 20-30 yrds out, but both young abd straight back in the big pond. One pouting out of lyme regis harbour, no other rods caught.. Very nice few days but disappointing catch.

I went Porthmadog this week for 3 days and never even tried it was that rough . That's my once a year gone .

We had good results st Seaham Pier last week,Monday 39, Friday 14.Had a go at it this morning @5.30 big swell and water dirty.Not one Mackerel but son caught a nice Bass, but went back in as unsure of the catch law at the moment on Bass.Cant remember if your allowed one a session or one all season.

Mackerel have been turning on about 2hrs before dusk for us.The tide hasn't bothered them be it High/Low,they still hanging about.Have to say though it's less active this year.However that might be due to fishing new ground.Going to stick to the 6pm till dusk method next week.

Edited by Davyo

We had good results st Seaham Pier last week,Monday 39, Friday 14.Had a go at it this morning @5.30 big swell and water dirty.Not one Mackerel but son caught a nice Bass, but went back in as unsure of the catch law at the moment on Bass.Cant remember if your allowed one a session or one all season.

Mackerel have been turning on about 2hrs before dusk for us.The tide hasn't bothered them be it High/Low,they still hanging about.Have to say though it's less active this year.However that might be due to fishing new ground.Going to stick to the 6pm till dusk method next week.

I would have kept the Bass and suffered the consequences... ;)