No replies to "For Sale" ads. Change back ASAP.

Hodmedod.one

A well known air gun buletin board has a massive sales section which seems to work how they have it set up.

I also can't help but notice that a lot of people on this board seem to be using said airgun board a lot more than they used to.

A case of the Goverment not listening to the people, if members get unhappy with the new Sales Section, it's obvious they will go elsewhere.

Why was there not a vote on this,

BJ.

Admin responded to members complaints and suggestions and changed the format of the Buy, Sell, or Swap section, for a trial period.

It is hoped that when a member has had their desire to buy, sell, or swap satisfied, they will go back to their post and edit it to say so.

Admin responded to members complaints and suggestions and changed the format of the Buy, Sell, or Swap section, for a trial period.

PW has several thousand members and I will bet that no more than a handful complained. Therefore by default the majority must have been happy with the way it was (but didn't feel the need to tell you that, as we were unaware you were going to change it).

Seems rather like ******* off the silent many to please the vocal few. :good:

Personally i dont think its a good idea. If someone wants to buy something they would normally post "I'll have it please" but this is not possible anymore. If the seller is not online for a while, it cannot be updated and people will get annoyed due to the uncertainty about whether it is sold or not.

Not only will the seller constantly get PM'S about theitem AFTER its sold, they will also not get feedback from the buyer''

E.G, Thank John, great deal and seller.

... or of course, if its a scam and the member who puts something for sale, can actually sell an item to 10+ people and leg it..

Dont trust it, and being and internet FORUM for people to meet and discuss, I think this is a loss of rights :good:

BUT I do respect what the mods and admin want, and il go with that.. im adaptable.. its just I dont se a reason to change it when it seemed to work fine, and now everyone is a little confused.

. . . anyway I vote we ask Bob JS what he thinks of the new format :good:

If you want to flog stuff on the BBS it is like sticking a post-it-note onto a waterfall, if you don't bump it every hour or so it will never get seen unless you are very lucky.

I don't know how long this link will last, but it is an absolute classic, and this is from the less busy Firearms for sale section:

Bump it up!

. . . anyway I vote we ask Bob JS what he thinks of the new format :good:

If you want to flog stuff on the BBS it is like sticking a post-it-note onto a waterfall, if you don't bump it every hour or so it will never get seen unless you are very lucky.

I don't know how long this link will last, but it is an absolute classic, and this is from the less busy Firearms for sale section:

Bump it up!

that is a joke! Unfortunately people like that are one of the reasons the sales section was changed.

Dan

Am i right in thinking that you can no longer bump your post back to the top, therefore once itsgone over the first page you have to write another ad. Wont this just lead to lots of the same adds cluttering up the board.

Have i got that wrong? If you edit your item how will people know of a price change if they have alrady seen it and dont bother looking again.

Gibby

Am i right in thinking that you can no longer bump your post back to the top, therefore once itsgone over the first page you have to write another ad. Wont this just lead to lots of the same adds cluttering up the board.

I can see this happening just so people prove a point.