LOP 14 3/4" to front trigger

Case hardened action

Lovely oiled woodwork in great condition

Barrels are mint inside and out

Great ejectors

All in all in superb condition A great fast handling gun

RFD can be arranged

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member sabel25. Message them here

Very well respected gun I have had a couple much like the armas garbi is this one a gunmark imported gun

Yes they are

Gunmark were the importers at the time i bought it in 1980 When shorter barrels were the fashion

I'll have shot more wild duck than other quarry with this gun with no problem That's when you were allowed to use lead shot

Prior to this i used to use an AYA no.4 26" on duck So you do'nt have to have long barrels for game shooting Cheers

Edited by sabel25

Ballistics are the same with modern powders a 25 inch barrel will produce the same speeed as a 32 inch barrel. It's a fashion thing ok a longer barrel will or may steady your swing but it is mainly a placebo !!!!! I love the Churchill inspired sxs fantastic tapered rib to give the impression of length fast handling light to lug about they may well come back in fashion and do defiantly sort out the men from the boys

Ballistics are the same with modern powders a 25 inch barrel will produce the same speeed as a 32 inch barrel. It's a fashion thing ok a longer barrel will or may steady your swing but it is mainly a placebo !!!!! I love the Churchill inspired sxs fantastic tapered rib to give the impression of length fast handling light to lug about they may well come back in fashion and do defiantly sort out the men from the boys

Your right ghilly I try to explain that to some shooters

We were on a shoot last season and ended the day on duck, One gun said that "he could've done with 32" barrels to hit some of them" Not true I was using a 28" o/u with no problem

I better mention here that this Arrieta has never had steel shot through it

Style never goes out of fashion.

hello, one of the first books i purchased many years ago was the Art of Good Shooting (1st edition) by Major Ruffer still worth a read for those contemplating the side by side XXV like that of sable 25 classic gun, ps good luck with sale :good:

Thanks might look that book up

Where is it at that price?

Everywhere, in 1972 when it was published. :whistling:

You can still get them (for a little more). However, although still worth a read, it is very dated and the information regarding effective ranges and the required pattern densities, in common with other works written at, or before, that time, is best totally ignored.

the information regarding effective ranges and the required pattern densities, in common with other works written at, or before, that time, is best totally ignored.

Upon what do you base this statement on. A #6 shot is still a #6shot and xx yards is still xx yards. velocity is still the same and game birds still fly as high and as fast as they always did, And they haven't developed kevlar feathers to my knowledge.

Upon what do you base this statement on. A #6 shot is still a #6shot and xx yards is still xx yards. velocity is still the same and game birds still fly as high and as fast as they always did, And they haven't developed kevlar feathers to my knowledge.

Like we mentioned earlier with the modern propellents The velocity is a lot quicker

Take modern game cartridges with MV at 1450 to 1500fps The shot is reaching the target quicker than say an old paper Eley no 6 from the 70's therefore with the old cartridges you would have to give more lead on moving game at say

40/50yds

Like the old black powder It required longer barrels as it was slower burning and produced less MV

So wymberley is correct in what he say's

one would'nt read a book from the 70's on fixing mini engines to fix a 2016 mini engine

hello, very true sabel back in the 1970s we all had side by sides and it was impax or grand prix, shooting a pheasant now at 50 yards with a 30/32 barrel O/U and 32g HVs dont seem as sporting ha ha, oh and never needed a book for my 1970s mini, look under them bonnets now :lol:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

hello, very true sabel back in the 1970s we all had side by sides and it was impax or grand prix, shooting a pheasant now at 50 yards with a 30/32 barrel O/U and 32g HVs dont seem as sporting ha ha, oh and never needed a book for my 1970s mini, look under them bonnets now :lol:

Too true I prefered the Hull Three Crowns paper no.6

5 bxes of which i have just sold off to saddler along with a few paper eley grand prix that were still in my cupboard

Too true I prefered the Hull Three Crowns paper no.6

5 bxes of which i have just sold off to saddler along with a few paper eley grand prix that were still in my cupboard

hello, never got on with the 3 crowns, it was all eley until those cheapies baikels and others came to the uk, but then some had moved over to the other side, oh them O/U so over the next few years we all had them, i hope Side by Sides will get more popular but only time will tell, cheers

hello, never got on with the 3 crowns, it was all eley until those cheapies baikels and others came to the uk, but then some had moved over to the other side, oh them O/U so over the next few years we all had them, i hope Side by Sides will get more popular but only time will tell, cheers

Hi

What about the Eley Super Game with the revolutioary plastic wad

I've still got 4 boxes in my cupboard I really must have a clear out if any nostalgic members are interested haha