Big cat (again)

JimLondon

So, I'm sitting in a restaurant in Spain in quite a big town (calahonda) overlooking a dried out river bed overgrown with bamboo, when a cat appears, this cat was about the size of an ESS with black spots and big pointy ears. I said to mrs London, "look at the size of that cat" as it slowly walked off, still not sure of what I'd just seen. Anyways the next day I told my mate who lives there and he tells me " yeah that's an Iberian lynx we see them a lot lately".

Didn't realise they even existed, as my old man once said "everyday is a school day".

Anyone else seen something they didn't expect to see on their Hols, and I don't mean a massive pair of klunkers by the pool.

Jim

So, I'm sitting in a restaurant in Spain in quite a big town (calahonda) overlooking a dried out river bed overgrown with bamboo, when a cat appears, this cat was about the size of an ESS with black spots and big pointy ears. I said to mrs London, "look at the size of that cat" as it slowly walked off, still not sure of what I'd just seen. Anyways the next day I told my mate who lives there and he tells me " yeah that's an Iberian lynx we see them a lot lately".

Didn't realise they even existed, as my old man once said "everyday is a school day".

Anyone else seen something they didn't expect to see on their Hols, and I don't mean a massive pair of klunkers by the pool.

Jim

Are you near Motril Jim

Ok thinking of another Calahonda up the coast NE of you. Getting back to your cat, there are quite a few in Andalucia. Enjoy the weather bud, its **** here.

will do mate, I'm a yearly visitor (mate is a fire brigade mucker) and it's the hottest we've even known. I'm sure that info doesn't help you and the other poor souls getting drenched at home presently.

I'll have another ice cold San Miguel for you all tomorrow.

will do mate, I'm a yearly visitor (mate is a fire brigade mucker) and it's the hottest we've even known. I'm sure that info doesn't help you and the other poor souls getting drenched at home presently.

I'll have another ice cold San Miguel for you all tomorrow.

Desfrutar Hombre :good:

Anyone else seen something they didn't expect to see on their Hols,

Jim[/quote

When we were going through the corinth canal they said keep your eyes open for wildlife on the side of the canal. The Mrs said look up there, pointing up to a ledge. CHARLIE. sure enough it was walking along a ledge and disappeared behind a small bush on the ledge. I couldn't see if there was a hole or if it was just somewhere that it layed up.

There is an extensive reintroduction programme in Spain. I saw a something on TV recently, maybe 'Wild Spain' on National Geographic.

Jim