Perseid Meteor shower tonight and tomorrow

loriusgarrulus

Its a newspaper report. Don't expect them to be accurate and truthful.

Mate- I come from a long line of star gazers, we got telescopes when our friends were getting starwars toys for Christmas lol hence my OP taking the **** out of forecasted numbers.

Perseid shower is annauly over rated...

The Mrs dragged me outside to take look.

In the space of 30 odd mins we saw 3 fairly faint meteors and four much brighter- one in particular seemed to last a couple of seconds with an amazing trail, like watching a a firework.

I've come back inside and left her to it.

Lovely clear night here in NW Ireland with a bright half waning moon.

Looked out the bedroom window shortly after 10pm and caught a lovely big one with an Orange blaze. Just been out for a smoke before bed and saw 3 more in the space of 5 minutes.

I'm sure there are people doing all nighters and can see a copter in the sky in the distance which is unusual.

I went back out around half 1, sat by the river behind a conifer hedge to block out the moon, several flashes saw a couple of small trains nothing really big but still good to watch.

There were a few planes about but twice it looked like stars were moving which I would loose then spot again , could you see satellites with the naked eye??

I went back out around half 1, sat by the river behind a conifer hedge to block out the moon, several flashes saw a couple of small trains nothing really big but still good to watch.

There were a few planes about but twice it looked like stars were moving which I would loose then spot again , could you see satellites with the naked eye??

Yes - satellites are visible with the naked eye when they reflect sunlight.

If you noticed one/more travelling across the sky you will see them again another night in roughly the same location.

We have about 6 that we regularly spot- sometimes youll notice an odd one travelling a totally different direction- I think these are military/surveillance satellites.

Yes - satellites are visible with the naked eye when they reflect sunlight.

If you noticed one/more travelling across the sky you will see them again another night in roughly the same location.

We have about 6 that we regularly spot- sometimes youll notice an odd one travelling a totally different direction- I think these are military/surveillance satellites.

Aliens!!!!!

:lol: