So what are these tyres worth?

jam1e

Hi folks, I bought a 2005 X-Trail from a friend who's had it from new. I drove with the tyres that it came with for a few months before changing all 4 with more aggressive tread as i do probably 50/50 on and off road. But only do around 2000 miles a year, as i mainly use my Ford Kuga. I've had the x4 tyres off the X-Trail sat idle in the garage with the intention of putting them back on it when i sell it. But she's such an amazing good all rounder, that it will be some years before i even think about selling it. So they're taking up space in my garage.

The sizes are 215/65/16. X2 are just cheapo's with around 4mm tread, that i can dispose of......

But the other 2 are of more interest to me. They are Bridgestone Dueller H/T 215/65r16 98H. The one was put on the week before I bought, so it's more or less new with an even 7.5mm tread across the whole width. The second clearly wasn't on there long as it also has an even tread depth of 6.5mm across the tread. But this one has had a repair from what looks like a very small nail puncture. It's around an inch or so from the tread center. No crazing on either one. And i would describe them as 10/10 for the new one and 9/10 for the second only due to the repair and light wear.

I thought 7.5mm wasn't much for a new tyre, so as i've just had 2 new ones on the front of my Kuga i also got my vernier and measured their depth. Both were bang on 7.5mm. So i presume that's what road tyres have....

Just to emphasize this point, this is not a sales pitch for offers, i've just never sold tyres before, so i'm after genuine constructive advise from you folks. On open forum or pm. Once I have an idea of their worth, then I may put an advert up, or just put them on Evil Bay.

Thanks in advance.

James

Hi folks, I bought a 2005 X-Trail from a friend who's had it from new. I drove with the tyres that it came with for a few months before changing all 4 with more aggressive tread as i do probably 50/50 on and off road. But only do around 2000 miles a year, as i mainly use my Ford Kuga. I've had the x4 tyres off the X-Trail sat idle in the garage with the intention of putting them back on it when i sell it. But she's such an amazing good all rounder, that it will be some years before i even think about selling it. So they're taking up space in my garage.

The sizes are 215/65/16. X2 are just cheapo's with around 4mm tread, that i can dispose of......

But the other 2 are of more interest to me. They are Bridgestone Dueller H/T 215/65r16 98H. The one was put on the week before I bought, so it's more or less new with an even 7.5mm tread across the whole width. The second clearly wasn't on there long as it also has an even tread depth of 6.5mm across the tread. But this one has had a repair from what looks like a very small nail puncture. It's around an inch or so from the tread center. No crazing on either one. And i would describe them as 10/10 for the new one and 9/10 for the second only due to the repair and light wear.

I thought 7.5mm wasn't much for a new tyre, so as i've just had 2 new ones on the front of my Kuga i also got my vernier and measured their depth. Both were bang on 7.5mm. So i presume that's what road tyres have....

Just to emphasize this point, this is not a sales pitch for offers, i've just never sold tyres before, so i'm after genuine constructive advise from you folks. On open forum or pm. Once I have an idea of their worth, then I may put an advert up, or just put them on Evil Bay.

Thanks in advance.

James

some years ago I got a 4x4 and had a set of BFG ATs fitted the tyres on the truck was good so I put them on ebay with no reserve after a couple of days someone offered me £40 for them if I would end the sale I could not work out how to do that so I said to him you will have to wait for it to finish in three days well time goes by and I'm expecting him to put in a bit but nothing.

then with one min to go some plonker put a £2 bit as I wanted to put other stuff on latter I had to let them go 5 good tyres with about 6mm of tread on them for about 40p each never again I told him to stuff the £2 up his *** when he came to collect them with a big smile on his face. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Cheers for the replies folks. Four-Wheel-Drive. I feel your pain.... When i gave up racing around on sports bikes i had not long bought a new pair of Sidi Vertebra boots for around £140, (This was around 10 years ago to) They were literally like new! I put a reserve for them i believe in the region of £40, and as they were so popular, i thought i would smash the reserve. They went for the reserve... I was gutted!! Thankfully i posted them so he didn't see my shame.... :unhappy:

I sell my 4X4 tyres as they near 50% for 50% of the replacements that way im always on newish rubber. BF Goodrich sell in no time on Ebay or Gumtree.

Never used Gumtree... 50/50 makes sense in that situation i suppose. The minor repair was a ****** to find inside the rim. Small, but a repair none the less... :hmm:

You can't blame a buyer getting a bargain just because you are too daft to put a reserve on!!

I was new to ebay at the time and I had several people watching them as it was only three days that the £40 guy had to wait I expected at least him to bid on them in the end it makes no sense that someone was prepared to buy them for £40 but not even put a bid in for £5 in the end knowing what I now now I would have put a bottom price and raise it later if need be.

I was new to ebay at the time and I had several people watching them as it was only three days that the £40 guy had to wait I expected at least him to bid on them in the end it makes no sense that someone was prepared to buy them for £40 but not even put a bid in for £5 in the end knowing what I now now I would have put a bottom price and raise it later if need be.

Yea, we all live and learn with evil-bay. I retracted 3 sales in as many months some years back. They sent me a message telling me off for breaching rules and suspended me for a while. I also put massively inflated prices on a few things, just to see where the bidding price was at.

I would then retract my bid by ticking the mistake box. For this i was banished to "buy it now" only for 3 months! You just have to remember to do it before it goes to under 24 hours to go, or your bids not retractable. All this was a long time ago and i've had a good 100% feedback for years now. My son states that evil-bay is just full of Chinese copy **** now and won't use it. He only ever uses Amazon. They do seem pretty switched on to be fair...

Yea, we all live and learn with evil-bay. I retracted 3 sales in as many months some years back. They sent me a message telling me off for breaching rules and suspended me for a while. I also put massively inflated prices on a few things, just to see where the bidding price was at.

I would then retract my bid by ticking the mistake box. For this i was banished to "buy it now" only for 3 months! You just have to remember to do it before it goes to under 24 hours to go, or your bids not retractable. All this was a long time ago and i've had a good 100% feedback for years now. My son states that evil-bay is just full of Chinese copy **** now and won't use it. He only ever uses Amazon. They do seem pretty switched on to be fair...

When I sold my last car on there I put a start price of £900 even though I thought it was worth about £1400 but you have to start somewhere it was on for a week and I had lots of interest I spend ages answering the questions but still got not bids one guy did come to look at it but was worried about an engine light that had been on for years with no problems.

With two days to go and still no bids I thought I'm not being had again and letting it go for £901 as there was nothing wrong with it I decided to keep it and put the start price up to £2500 and as expected I had no bidders but a week later the guy who came to look at it got back to me and offered me £2000 for it .

I excepted that offer and he came and collected it so both of us was happy but after thinking about it I wish that I had kept it I still miss that car and the price of them has gone up to add to my sadness.

Thanks in advance.

James

Even the Bridgestone Duellers are hard to shift on, I bough a new pick up lately and it had Duellers on which I changed for Cooper AT's and after browsing the net they don't seem to be shifting so theyre sitting in the garage at the minute collecting dust, I begrudge letting them go for peanuts even though theyre no use now, I'm the first to admit I love a bargain but I also hate parting with anything for nothing.

Even the Bridgestone Duellers are hard to shift on, I bough a new pick up lately and it had Duellers on which I changed for Cooper AT's and after browsing the net they don't seem to be shifting so theyre sitting in the garage at the minute collecting dust, I begrudge letting them go for peanuts even though theyre no use now, I'm the first to admit I love a bargain but I also hate parting with anything for nothing.

I also have a nice set in my shed but the way that I look at it if I decide to change my truck them I can always put them back on and hope that my new ones will fit the new truck probably not but it makes me feel better to think this. :rolleyes:

I have a L200 and i binned the Bridgestone Duellers after being marooned once too many times. Fitted BFG Muds and never had a single issue.

I never got the chance to get stuck, I changed them almost straight away due to doing quite a lot of offroading for my shooting.Never been stuck with the Coopers on

Are the duellers HT or AT?

I have AT on the front abd HT on the back.

The ATs are about ready to be replaced.